Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW AGGRO

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: GW AGGRO Reply with quote

So I've been messsing around with gw aggro since release. I've tryed diff variations of the deck and Let me know what you think is the best GW Aggro build atm and what i can do to fix this deck Smile

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [RAV] Temple Garden
3 [ISD] Gavony Township
4 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
5 [7E] Plains (1)
8 [ZEN] Forest (1a)

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Arbor Elf
4 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 [M13] Sublime Archangel
3 [AVR] Silverblade Paladin
3 [AVR] Wolfir Silverheart
4 [RTR] Loxodon Smiter
4 [DKA] Strangleroot Geist

// Spells
4 [UL] Rancor
2 [M13] Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2 [DKA] Increasing Savagery
2 [RTR] Selesnya Charm

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M13] Knight of Glory
SB: 2 [RTR] Rest in Peace
SB: 2 [DKA] Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 3 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
SB: 2 [AVR] Triumph of Ferocity
SB: 3 [M13] Erase

Ok so cards that I'm thinking of replacing I'll start with the ones that go first.

Stranglerootgeist- Great 2 Drop but i find lacking the GG to cast him on turn 2 hard.

Cards ive tryed in this spot Druid Militiant which i might just go back to or at least have in sb.

I need to find a 2 drop thats worthy Idk if thalia will be fast enough or if having 12 1 drops is work it ??/

Increasing Savagery- This is a finisher with 5x ways to enable doublestrike If i keep this i might go 3x thalia and 1 more ajani.

Often though against control this is a dead card which i dislike strongly since alot of uwr miracles and other forms are popping up more often now.

Last but not least is selesyna charm

perks its got multiple uses but i feel like O-ring is just better in this spot. ?

Idk let me know what your opinions are and what to change this deck has a goal of killing by turn 5 Smile Thanks M-l
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

call of the conclave is the 2 drop you're lookig for, although i can't see how with 16 lands producing G u have problems on having GG on t2. also, in a fast aggro deck 4 sublime archangel look overkill, cut them to 3 or 2 or at all, which would leave you space to add 2 more charms ad 2 orings (charms let u trample or create a creature, as well as killing opps monsters). silverheart looks overkill and too slow for my taste (although once it drops is HUGHE), thragtusk is much of a threat at the 5 cmc spot (and the gw wurm). then, back again to sublime archangel u know which angel should be at that spot. savagery looks overkill to me as well, and maybe the miracle +5+5 woud be better with such a great number of creatures as a finisher (lure all those perky spirit tokens and kill with the rest), although i think another ajani would do the job. you can easily attack for 6-10 flying with him, and by that time that should be enough for an aggro deck to kill.
erase and triumph of ferocity look unnecessary to me in SB. replace erase with that gw naturalize with populate (great value with call of the conclave, charm and tusk), and triumph of ferocity is only good vs control, in which case u want to race, not to last longer, so it's unnecessary. my favorite white graveyard hate is purify the grave (frites does not have a response to it while they have against permanent hate), but that's a matter of taste. thalia is ok, but u should use some orings too to deal with annoying planeswalkers (vraska or however she's named would be a pain in this deck's ass).
that's my point of view, hope it helps.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im testing that atm and erase was for other rancors and costed one less but since im testing call of conclave ive added to sb

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [RAV] Temple Garden
3 [ISD] Gavony Township
4 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
5 [7E] Plains (1)
8 [ZEN] Forest (1a)

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Arbor Elf
4 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
3 [M13] Sublime Archangel
3 [AVR] Silverblade Paladin
2 [AVR] Wolfir Silverheart
4 [RTR] Loxodon Smiter
2 [M13] Thragtusk

// Spells
4 [UL] Rancor
3 [M13] Ajani, Caller of the Pride
2 [RTR] Selesnya Charm
3 [RTR] Call of the Conclave
3 [ARC] Oblivion Ring

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M13] Knight of Glory
SB: 3 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
SB: 4 [RTR] Sundering Growth
SB: 1 [ARC] Oblivion Ring
SB: 4 [ISD] Purify the Grave
struikje

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great sideboardcard (or even maindeck) is centaur healer, especially against zombies.

Silverblade paladin is really one of the best cards you can have, there's no reason not to play 4. I also like serra avenger, maybe not as a 4 off, but its still a great card to consider. I prefer it over strangleroot geists.

I like gw beats alot, it has some very powerfull synergys like ajan/paladin with rancor/archangel.

That being said, the 5-6 maindeck sweeper decks are very hard to beat with aggro without reach. maybe play some garruk primal hunter in the sideboard, it might help.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok call of conclave isnt doing much for me I tryed angel to slow deck wants to be killing by turn 4-5 other wise i think it would be way better to play midrang angeltusk so geist is back in do his haste and undying but a card im thinking about is precinct captain and also MD thalia idk though will finetune some more control doesnt seem to be that much of a problem its a goldfish match tbh.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you try the captain, i'd leave the calls too and add wayfearer temple, cut the manadorks and go for the beat since turn 1 with the G/W 2/1 that RIPs instants and sorceries. something like:

4 g/w 2/1
4 pilgrims (or a better 1 drop, dunno which, maybe young wolf?)
4 geist
4 conclave
3 captain (count it as 3drop as u need more green for the other 1-2 drops, and WW isn't that easy by t2)
6 healer/paladin/smiter
3 temple

3 rancor
2 oring
3 ajani
3 charm

21 lands. with a curve that ends at 3 u don't need more.

a SB to transform into more midrange: tusk, restoangels. that new second sunrise to survive sweepers (although it does nothing against terminus, so dunno if cool. maybe garruk's better against that). also purify the grave and thalia and the knight.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about gw aggro its all about your meta :p if your playing against alot of control i would say 4x thalia md and the fastest kill creatures 4x druid militiant 4x geist 2x garruk 3x ajani and 8 mana dorks with rancors yadadada if your playing against midrange probally going with temple conclave and other populate cards is the way to go.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1