Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 1.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 1. Reply with quote

Sorry the sound is out of sync no idea why that is, you will just have to put up with it.

The Draft - http://youtu.be/eE76Zlhgs8g

Round 1 part 1. http://youtu.be/5tO6kHo8Wow

Round 1 part 2. (accidentally stopped recording round)

http://youtu.be/VteFXJ3RAkg

Round 2 http://youtu.be/X_-HQhGoESs

Round 3 http://youtu.be/Q0Dwrk4bp04

Feedback appreciated.
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 1. Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Feedback appreciated.

Are you sure? You didn't seem to appreciate it last time.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not give any you said you could but you didnt, I was thankful to the people who were not trolling.
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
You did not give any you said you could but you didnt, I was thankful to the people who were not trolling.

I actually didn't need to.. being that everyone else pointed it out to you. As for trolling? LOL.. You should check comments on your video's.. Not all things are posted here.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that you commented about a ring i did not take and a beast that did not exist, like i said your a troll.

Like i said all the people who said i should be white were wrong and I explained why and gave them a good schooling in drafting. I honestly don't know how you can act like such a know it all when you have a lower rating than someone who has never played a game of magic at limited.
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
I saw that you commented about a ring i did not take and a beast that did not exist, like i said your a troll.

Like i said all the people who said i should be white were wrong and I explained why and gave them a good schooling in drafting. I honestly don't know how you can act like such a know it all when you have a lower rating than someone who has never played a game of magic at limited.

I play the sealed tourneys on ML because netdraft is too annoying. However, I have been drafting IRL for about 10 years and was a regular drafter back when I played on MTGO.

As for beasts that don't exist and rings you didn't take? Have you eaten any bad mushroom's lately? The beast obv existed or I wouldn't have mentioned it.. LOL
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look with the greatest of respect, you obviously do not know what your talking about. The length you have been drafting means nothing, I've played pool with people for three years who could still after 3 years of pool, could not pot a ball and get the ball into a good position by anything more than chance.

If you've got a criticism make it. If i think your criticism right i will say, if i think its wrong i will also say so. I agreed about the gorgon I should have took that, I agreed about taking a white card over fire elemental though i disagreed that I should have been white that draft. So far I think all the criticism you have made have been total rubbish, hence I have responded to what you have said as such.
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Look with the greatest of respect, you obviously do not know what your talking about. The length you have been drafting means nothing, I've played pool with people for three years who could still after 3 years of pool, could not pot a ball and get the ball into a good position by anything more than chance.

This made me LOL the hardest. Probably because it actually describes your drafting technique.. What was it you said? "Take the best card from each pack and hope it all works out"? While it may be a decent, albeit horrendous plan because it can backfire in so many ways, it is far from optimal.
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's anything wrong with this draft. Kane, if your only criticism is that he took Kraken Hatchling (which is definitely playable) over Drowned Catacomb (which is actually unplayable), then I think that makes this draft pretty good, since you're obviously fishing for things to criticize.
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with this draft. Kane, if your only criticism is that he took Kraken Hatchling (which is definitely playable) over Drowned Catacomb (which is actually unplayable), then I think that makes this draft pretty good, since you're obviously fishing for things to criticize.

It wasn't the only thing.. I only pointed that out because he could have gotten some tix out of the dual land. And if I was fishing for things to criticize I would have mentioned his play mistakes, which I did not.

TBQH.. The white picks were a given(although not playing Faith's Reward was a mistake). However, I believe that not going either Red or Black was a mistake.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do I'm all for getting better, so play mistakes would be good. I have no problems with people pointing out my mistakes, I'm here to get better that is my sole aim and help other people get better at the same time. Once again what annoys me about you is its a general I know better with a total lack of anything to back it up in terms of argument.

The hatchling pick is trivial, drowned catacomb value is below what i would consider a value meriting rare drafting. I have a tried and tested method of drafting that gets results, It almost never backfires on me because I can actually read signals. Put simply early on I take the best card regardless of colour then as the draft moves on I will notice that one colour if flowing more affluently than other and move in on that colour, and generally in much the same way a second colour comes also. Like i said before average drafters see a 2nd pick pacfism or 4th pride guardian or whatever that card was called and commit and end up with decks multiple main deck pillarfield oxs.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why 4-3-2-2?
BlackPen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From kane2's comments it seems like he has never drafted on mtgo before. Drowned catacombs has been released multiple times and is actually worth close to 0 tix. Also have you read faith's reward? it's basically a 4 mana safe passage that can not fog. Faith's reward is only better when your creature gets murdered or your opponent plays planar cleansing. Safe passage is better when you need to prevent damage done to yourself and every time the one mana difference is relevant.

As far as the actually draft I don't know why you wanted to be in blue. I wasn't paying that close attention, but it seemed like white was flowing enough that you could have been in any 2nd color you wanted. I would have wanted green since the overrun is insane with all your tokens(really it is just always insane).

I only watched match 3 where your play seems kind of loose. Strategically you seem too willing to trade. In most limited games it makes sense to block then trade creatures and save 2 life, but when your creatures pump each other up you really don't want to trade if you don't need to. Every time you trade your crusaders, odric, and captain of the watch get a little worse. Also as far as technical play you make a big misplay in match 3 game 2( i think game 2) where you opponent uses prey upon to kill your 2/2 with his 3/3 then he attacks with the 3/3 and a 2/2 and you trade your 2/2 for his 2/2 when you could have gotten his 3/3 since it had damage on it from prey upon. You ended up getting bailed out by drawing captain of the watch, but had you made different plays you wouldn't have needed it.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main attraction to blue was the tricks of the trade, which I think after playing with a few times are very good. I actually did say at the end of pack 2 i may even be able to play the urge, but green was getting cut hard through out the entire draft and i actually did not have enough white cards, to be able to play just the revenge.

Crusader of Odric often through out the draft presented me with the problems deciding if i want to block or not and trade creatures. I think its a some what subtle downside to the card that does make for interesting game states though. I will make sure to review that game later keeping in mind what you said. Good spot on the prey upon play, sloppy play by me, that is in all honesty the type of thing I am hoping to get the most out of this process.

My drafting has been open to a lot of scrutiny and its reaped rewards certainly from my view point I feel I am a very accomplished drafter. However my play has not been subjected to the same scrutiny and I suspect I'm a far worse player than I am drafter, so I do appreciate people taking the time to review my games as I'm aware you can certainly learn a lot more about playing correctly watching PV, LSV etc play and its just not as interesting as the actual draft itself.

On the 4-3-2-2 matter, the simple fact is that at the moment i'm not winning enough to play 8-4. Like i said at the start of the draft, if i'm winning half my drafts or more I will play 8-4 because I will turn a nice profit. Or if i make finals of one in three win one in three I play 8-4 or even make finals of 3/4 drafts that's just not true at the moment, so financially 4-3-2-2 is a better option for me.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:

How you have a masters degree yet still fail to realize the distinction between your and you're is fucking beyond me
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2