Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stuffy Act - Casual/FNM Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Stuffy Act - Casual/FNM Deck Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [ISD] Sulfur Falls
2 [DKA] Evolving Wilds
8 [8E] Island (3)
8 [A] Mountain (1)

// Creatures
3 [M13] Goblin Arsonist
4 [ISD] Delver of Secrets/Insectile Aberration
2 [MM] Arms Dealer
2 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
3 [M13] Stuffy Doll
4 [ISD] Invisible Stalker

// Spells
3 [ISD] Silver-Inlaid Dagger
3 [M13] Krenko's Command
3 [M10] Ponder
2 [AVR] Dual Casting
3 [ISD] Blasphemous Act
3 [DDH] Vapor Snag
3 [BRB] Mana Leak

So its basically a lil bit of RU Delver with Stuffy Doll and Blasphemous Act tossed in. I know its meh but its pretty much only to have fun at FNM. I put in Arms Dealer/Krenkos/Arsonist to finish them off after I act since its only 13. Arms I can sac Arsonist to hit Stuffy thats 5 dmg (since Arsonist does 1 on dying).

If they get rid of Stuffy (memorcide, tragic slip + surgical w/e), then plan B is Delver and Stalker with Dagger. I dont own any Runechanters and I got swords but im too lazy to bounce them between decks.

As for the SB, I was thinking of going with ways to protect stuffy and other things so maybe something like:

3x Apostles Blessing
3x Mental Misstep
3x Smelt
2x Disperse
2x Whipflare / Slagstorm (one of those)
2x Negate

Or something along those lines. I know the deck won't win 9 times out of 10 but its that 10th time that really makes me happy. I mean seriously...imagine losing to this...you`d reconsider playing MTG.

I played it on MWS and beat Mono Green Aggro 2-0. First Game I did Stuffy/Act with Dual Casting out and 2nd Game I got an early stalker and Flighted him and soared over for the victory.

Last edited by MTGmanLA on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Zero-Meia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some into the maw of hell, chandra for copying it and gging on turn 5, or 6... i saw some RG variation that uses 3 chandras and 3 garruk relentless, for 3 damage every turn.

get 4 dolls... if its for fun, go all out and get 4 dolls, some autumn veils, etc.

slagstorm is nice too, since you want to clean the board and deal damage in the process.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the crappy pseudo Delver side of the deck seems a little out of place doesn't really have any synergy with the rest of the deck.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was working with this idea for a while. I really liked how Harvest Pyre in particular was testing.

What really made me decide not to play the deck anymore was Curse of Death's Hold. Really hard to find good win conditions and Red/x makes it really hard to have both good cards for control and ways to deal with enchantments.

I really want it to work though so good luck!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1