Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 113 (Finally) Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Create a Card 113 (Finally) Judged Reply with quote

After a short delay here are the results Cool

Winner: AxiomBlurr with Sinnafiri Sand Sword
Runner-up: sc4rs with Leonin Swordsmith
Honorable Mentions: pseudodespot, cloysterd and kumagmd

Awaclus wrote:
Vampire Swarm 5WB
Creature - Vampire [MR]
When ~ enters the battlefield, put X 1/1 black Vampire tokens onto the battlefield and you lose X life, where X is your life total.

As long as you control a token, you can't lose the game.

2/3

They make good mercenaries, but you have to pay them in blood.

Very interesting card, effect feels mythic but I don't like this "As long as you control a token, you can't lose the game." Why would opponent bother to get rid of all the tokens when he can simply get rid of the Vampire Swarm. (3 points for creativity) Overall flavor is nice and text fits card perfectly, only thing that I hate is generic name which sounds more like sorcery/instant than creature. (4 points for flavor)
Score: 7

massOass wrote:
Saving Grace (W) Rare

Instant

Put X 1/1 Human Soldier tokens onto the battlefield, where X equals the total power of creatures that died this turn.

"I make my own miracles." - Avacyn

On first look this card feels way too strong for one white, but hard to tell without testing. Thing I definitely don't like is that you get tokens for your opponents creatures. (4 points for creativity) Overall flavor is good, but I'm not huge fan of the flavor text. (4 points for flavor)
Score: 8

Sorrel wrote:
Sacrifice to the Time-Eater
3UB
Instant
Put a 6/6 blue and black Time-Eater creature token onto the battlefield. Lose 6 life.

Flashback UB, skip your next turn.

On first cast spell doesn't do anything with time and 6/6 vanilla is quite boring. (2 points for creativity) Card have some overall flavor but flavor text would be nice. (1 point for flavor) (-1 point for lack or rarity)
Score: 2

Duodax wrote:
Enumerate 3WU

Instant - RARE

Put four tokens onto the battlefield that are copies of target creature with power 1 or less.

Cute and simple card, it has lot of potential. (5 points for creativity)
Name fits card quite nice but you could include some flavor text. (2 points for flavor)

Canabiest wrote:
Bickering Conscience
3RW
Enchantment - Aura
Rare

Enchant creature
Whenever enchanted creature blocks, put a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield blocking target attacking creature.
Whenever enchanted creature attacks, put a 3/3 red Devil creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

Quite interesting card, on right creature could do a lot. (4 points for creativity) Overall flavor is almost perfect if only you included some flavor text. (4 points for flavor)

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Corpse Puppeteer 2BB

Creature - Zombie Wizard (Rare)

When Corpse Puppeteer enters the battlefield, search your library for up to 2 creature cards and exile them. Then Shuffle your library.

2B, Sacrifice Corpse Puppeteer: Put a token onto the battlefield thatís a copy of each card exiled with Corpse Puppeteer. They have haste. Exile the tokens at the beginning of the next end step.

"Death is only the beginning."

2/1

This feels like black Tooth and Nail but it's just too overpowered. With this you can drop some heavy stuff on 4th turn and then you can quite easily return Puppeteer from graveyard. (4 points for creativity) It doesn't really feel like he is making puppets out of corpses because they never died or he doesn't take 'em out of graveyard (which would also fix power of the card) (3 for flavor)
(-2 points because card feels too overpowered and it would fit more into mytic)
Score: 5

ck3gds wrote:
Motley Crew XWUBRG

Sorcery (mythic)

Put a X/X white Human Cleric creature token, a X/X blue Merfolk Wizard creature token, a X/X black Vampire Rogue creature token, a X/X red Giant Warrior creature token, and a X/X green Centaur Shaman creature token onto the battlefield.

"This is a story of how five kindred souls came together to save the world. Once upon a time..."

This card would be great if they all weren't just vanillas. (3 for creativity) Flavor is great, I love it. (5 points for flavor)

NearSideMoon wrote:
No Sacrifice in Vain - Rare

2WW - Legendary Enchantment

During your upkeep, if 5 or more non-token creatures you controlled died last turn, you may exile your graveyard. For each creature exiled this way, put into play a token with haste that is a copy of that creature. Exile them at the beginning of your End Step.

'And should you fall this day, know that our mourning shall be but a prelude to your glorious return!'

Interesting card but wording is quite bad. (3 points for creativity)
Great flavor, I love the flavor text. (5 points for flavor)

judas_bcn wrote:
Spirit of the Wolf........G1
enchantment........uncommon

Whenever a Human creature you control dies, you may put a 2/2 green wolf creature token into play.

It's like a plague...

Nice card but it's too narrow, but it would fit nicely into Innistrad. (3 points for creativity) Overall flavor is good but that flavor text could be better. (4 points for flavor)

hhamilton wrote:
Voodoo Snafu 2UB

Sorcery - Rare

Put a token into play that is a copy of target creature you don't control. It has: Whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or is dealt combat damage, each other card with the same name is also targeted and/or dealt combat damage.

Deep in the island ruins, a saying goes:
See only you, worry you not do.
See you plus you, 'tis Voodoo Snafu!

Good card but wording is far from perfect. (3 points for creativity) On the other hand flavor is perfect. (5 points for flavor)

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Sinnafiri Sand Sword 2

Artifact - Equipment (Rare)

Equipped creature gains wither and gets +1/+1 for each creature token you control.

Whenever equipped creature attacks put a 1/1 colourless Sand Warrior creature token onto the battlefield.

Equip 2

In Sinnafir a pound of sand buys a pound of flesh.

Great card for token deck, maybe even too strong with such a low cost. (5 points for creativity) Flavor is great too. (5 points for flavor)
(-1 point for balance)
Score: 9

Balaviaris wrote:
Kielbasa, the Twinmaker 2UG

Planeswalker - Kielbasa Mythic

+1: Each player may put a land card from his or her hand onto the battlefield.

-2: Put a token that's a copy of target creature onto the battlefield.

-6: You gain an emblem with "Whenever an opponent casts an instant or sorcery spell, you may copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."

Can I eat this card? I'm small town boy so I make my own klbasi(that is how we call em, if we are talking abut same thing) and I wonder if this card taste good as they do. Very Happy
Anyway I like the design but there isn't anything really original abut this card and I think it's just too cheap. (4 points for creativity)
Flavor and planeswalkers doesn't really go well together, unless you have comic or book written for this one. (3 points for flavor)
(-1 for low cost)
Score: 6

huntergatsby wrote:
Saproling Infestation 2BG

Sorcery (Rare)

Target player sacrifices a creature. Put X 1/1 Saprolings into play equal to sacrificed creatures power.

"They came from the gut of a dying creature. Gaea's way of recycling the old, to create the new."

This card is a bit similar to the Death Mutation, black does it's part and then you get the typical green part. (4 points for creativity)
I think it would be more flavorful if number of saprolings was base on the toughness, bigger body more saprolings. (4 points for flavor)

doc_morriar wrote:
Enemy Territory

Legendary Land Rare

1 T: put a 1/1 bird with flying, a 2/2 soldier, or a 0/4 plant with defender into play: target opponent adds one mana of any colour of their choice to their mana pool

You may only activate Enemy Territory's ability during an opponents main phase

"When your in enemy territory, you play by their rules."

This look like weird reversed Forbidden Orchard. (3 points for creativity) Flavor-wise this card doesn't make much sense to me. Name is so generic and unspecific yet land is legendary. (1 point for flavor)
Score: 4

Zero-Meia wrote:
Pull Roots - 3GGG
Instant - Rare

You may untap up to three target forests you control. They become 3/3 green Plant creatures until end of turn. They're still lands.

"Ah, everything about the forest is perfect: the breeze, the smell, the walking tr-"
- Human scout

This doesn't produce tokens therefor you failed to meet requirements of this topic.
Disqualification!

ManfredByron wrote:
Forbidden City 2UBW

Enchantment (Mythic Rare)

Whenever you draw a card you may put a counter on forbidden city.

Remove a counter from forbidden city put a 1/1 white human token into play with when ever a creature comes into play under your control you gain 1 life.

Remove two counters from forbidden city put a 0/1 blue human token into play with u2 tap draw a card.

Remove three counters from forbidden city put 3 2/2 black warrior tokens with flanking into play.

A city reflects all that is good and bad about the world.

This is quite similar to the Hoofprints of the Stag. Power-wise I think this would be insane in WUB Control. (3 points for creativity)
Flavor is great, city part sounds like land or artifact but I checked and there are other city enchantments. (5 points for flavor)
(-1 for potentially broken card)

Stucco wrote:
Erratic Reflection............UR
Instant..........................U

Target player chooses a creature he or she controls. Put a creature token onto the battlefield that is a copy of the chosen creature. It gains haste. Sacrifice that token at the beginning of your next end step.

"Control, control! You must learn control!"

Similar to the Heat Shimmer but less powerful for opponents creatures. (3 points for creativity) I love the flavor, I wonder what would be an art on the card. (5 points for flavor)

Hendrix_21 wrote:
Elspeth's Followers --- 1W

Istant --- Uncommon

Put X token onto the battlefield, where X is the number of Soldier you control.

"Until the end, until the death..."

Your card is incomplete, it doesn't say what kind of tokens.
Disqualification!

mtgsoldier wrote:
Drowning dreams.

2UU - Uncommon

Counter target spell. Then put into play under your control X 1/1 Merfolk creature tokens into play where X is half the converted mana cost of the countered spell, rounded up.

"The real world of power lies underwarter, up here there is only arrogance"

Compered to the Geist Snatch this is way stronger. (3 points for creativity) I like the the overall flavor which is fitting with name, but I'm not huge fan of flavor text. (4 points for flavor)
(-1 for balance)

sc4rs wrote:
Leonin Swordsmith
WW - Uncommon
Creature - Cat Warrior
1, T, Discard a card from your hand: Put a colorless Equipment artifact token onto the battlefield named Leonin Scimitar with "Equipped creature gets +1/+1" and "Equip 1".
2/2

Great design, most original card so far. (5 for creativity)
This would definitely win if you included some nice flavor text, other then that I love overall flavor. (4 points for flavor)

GunsAndDope wrote:
Open the Leyline | 2WW
Sorcery - Rare

Put 3 1/1 White Human Soldier tokens into play.

If Open the Leyline is in your opening hand, you may play it without paying it's mana cost.

This card is way too strong. With this there is potential for turn one 12 1/1 tokens. (3 for creativity) This card doesn't have no flavor at all, it's similar to the Leylines design-wise but not with flavor. (0 points for flavor) (-2 for overpowered card)
Score: 1

FrostFire wrote:
Vithian Engineer
RRR
3/3
Creature - Human Shaman (Rare)

T: Vithian Engineer deals 2 damage to target creature. If a creature is dealt damage by Vithian Engineer this turn, place a token that is a copy of that creature with Haste into play.At the beginning of the next end step, Exile all tokens you control.

1R Unearth

"Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is. "

Some parts of this card are similar to the Storm Spirit yet this is cost quite less plus it has Unearth. Design is nice it would fit nicely in Alara. (4 points for creativity) Flavor is good but I have feeling card would fit better in black. (4 points for flavor)

kumagmd wrote:
Touch of Squee
R
Common - Instant
Return target permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Put a 1/1 green ooze token onto the battlefield.
"Uh - you might not want to touch that." - Tahngarth, Minotaur Hero

I love the card but first part of the card doesn't really fit in red. (3 points for creativity) Flavor is great, I just love it. (5 points for flavor)

pseudodespot wrote:
The Hell's Mouth at Sin'kal 1B

Enchantment (rare)

Whenever you sacrifice a non-Demon creature you may pay 1B. If you do, put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

The rituals of the righteous demand a noble purpose. All we need is blood and the lust for it.

This looks like nice build-around card, or good card for sideboard if your opponent is packing a lot of cards with sacrifice but in right decks this can be too strong. Like with Eldrazi tokens. (5 points for creativity) Great flavor fits card perfectly. (5 points for flavor)
(-1 for balance)

cloysterd wrote:
Mimeomancer (Mythic Rare)
1UU
Creature - Human Wizard
2/2

1UU, T: Put a token copy of another target nonland permanent onto the battlefield under your control. Activate this ability only at any time you could cast a sorcery.

Anything you can do, he can do over.

Great design, this card effect-wise definitely feels mythic. (5 points for creativity) On the other hand flavor is nice and fitting but doesn't feel quite mythic. (4 points for flavor)

Selkie wrote:
Goatherding

2WW- Uncommon

Put 8 0/1 White goat tokens into play

Flashback - 6WW

"Baaaaaaa"

Nice card but nothing quite original about it. (3 points for creativity)
It's a funny card I guess. (3 points for flavor)

LuckyDucky wrote:
Avacyn's Shepherd

2WW

Creature - Human

Rare

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 0/1 white goat into play.

Each goat you control gets +1/+1.

1/1

This feels like generic white card, design-wise. (3 points for creativity)
I like the overall flavor too bad you didn't add flavor text. It would be also cool if he had something like "Goats you control have protection from wolves and from werewolves." (3 points for flavor)

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Call of the Wood - 1G
Sorcery - Common
Put a 2/2 Bear token named "Grizzly Bear" onto the battlefield.
It's a token of the defense of nature itself.

Interesting card, but in the end it's only good ol' bear. (3 points for creativity) I love the flavor. (5 points for flavor)
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha since you mention werewolves OP, I should have made my card a transform card.

If there are 5 or more goat tokens in play, transform ~.

Avacyn's Scapegoat

Creature - Goat

Goats get +5/+5

Something like that. Smile
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So close, darn! And I have such a great idea for a CaC challenge too.

Oh well. Congrats AxiomBlurr! Great card as usual.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Yeah I'd actually wanted to produce French vanilla tokens but by then I saw your stop-post message. Here's how I'd have done it:

Motley Crew XWUBRG

Sorcery (mythic)

Put a X/X white Human Cleric creature token with vigilance, a X/X blue Merfolk Wizard creature token with flying, a X/X black Vampire Rogue creature token with intimidate, a X/X red Giant Warrior creature token with first strike, and a X/X green Centaur Shaman creature token with trample onto the battlefield.

"This is a story of how five kindred souls came together to save the world. Once upon a time..."

I prefer lifelink on vampire Very Happy
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Yeah I'd actually wanted to produce French vanilla tokens but by then I saw your stop-post message. Here's how I'd have done it:

Motley Crew XWUBRG

Sorcery (mythic)

Put a X/X white Human Cleric creature token with vigilance, a X/X blue Merfolk Wizard creature token with flying, a X/X black Vampire Rogue creature token with intimidate, a X/X red Giant Warrior creature token with first strike, and a X/X green Centaur Shaman creature token with trample onto the battlefield.

should have called it power rangers
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1