Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/R delver

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Selkie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the shimmerings.
maps

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: U/R delver Reply with quote

vexing devil is incredibly bad in this deck.
MassO

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: U/R delver Reply with quote

maps wrote:
vexing devil is incredibly bad in this deck.

Actually in this deck, he uses it as early burn and late game he can use ponder to set up an extra turn when his opponent allows it to hit play.

However, if he is going to use Vexing Devil he should be playing brimstone volley, since it triggers it and helps delver and rune, and if he takes the 4 off of devil and 5 off of brimstone...9 damage to close a game on turn 3/4
pg8

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason delver decks play cantrips over something like Bump in the Night: cheap burn to the face isn't worth a card when your primary game plan is to attack 6 times with a flying Nacatl. Vexing Devil is horrible here.

I'm not sure I like Reforge the Soul either when you don't have any burn and you aren't comboing out or anything.

It's also interesting that you run more Invisible Stalkers than you do equipments. Not necessarily wrong, but how often do you end up with a Curse of the Pierced Heart that dies to Whipflare?
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vexing Devil is fine if you run Faithless Looting.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
10 [M12] Island (1)
6 [M12] Mountain (4)
4 [ISD] Sulfur Falls

// Creatures
4 [ISD] Delver of Secrets/Insectile Aberration
4 [ISD] Invisible Stalker
4 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage

// Spells
4 [AVR] Pillar of Flame
4 [ISD] Brimstone Volley
4 [M12] Incinerate
4 [DKA] Faithless Looting
4 [ISD] Runechanter's Pike
4 [NPH] Gitaxian Probe
4 [M12] Ponder

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M12] Negate
SB: 4 [M12] Mana Leak
SB: 4 [DKA] Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 4 [AVR] Outwit

Here's what I'm testing. It runs pretty good. Invisible Stalker seems to be the key card. I think it could probably use 4x more creatures and 4x less Brimstones.

Basically, with Faithless Looting, you can either dump land you don't need, get rid of a 2nd Pike, or put some more instants and sorceries in the graveyard, resulting in a turn 3-4 swing for 8ish.

All in all, I would say this deck is tier 2 and probably not worth the effort.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my opinion if you are trying for the miracle, I would be playing the 5 damage one and some noxious revivals with the lootings/snapcaster package.
If you are using the Vex Devil, I would make room for Brim Volley. The synergy between the two are game breaking.

4x delver of secrets
4x vexing devil
4x stromkirk noble
2x grim lavamancer

4x ponder
4x faithless looting
2x noxious revival
3x pillar of flame
3x vapor snag
2x incinerate
3x brimstone volley
3x thunderous wrath

4x sulfur falls
9x island
9x mountain

That's a general idea of what I think it would look like. Instead of trying to stick a Pike on a creature, its early drops that push through into the red zone with burn for blockers or finishing damage.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
It is my opinion if you are trying for the miracle, I would be playing the 5 damage one and some noxious revivals with the lootings/snapcaster package.
If you are using the Vex Devil, I would make room for Brim Volley. The synergy between the two are game breaking.

4x delver of secrets
4x vexing devil
4x stromkirk noble
2x grim lavamancer

4x ponder
4x faithless looting
2x noxious revival
3x pillar of flame
3x vapor snag
2x incinerate
3x brimstone volley
3x thunderous wrath

4x sulfur falls
9x island
9x mountain

That's a general idea of what I think it would look like. Instead of trying to stick a Pike on a creature, its early drops that push through into the red zone with burn for blockers or finishing damage.

this is a RDW with blue for delver. with the burning plan, some instant speed drawing is great to use miracles on opps turn, name it think twice, desperate ravings or even dangerous wager if choosing the pike way, or an utility instant speed cantrip (ie twisted image against other delvers with equipment).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1