Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW miracle control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: UW miracle control Reply with quote

So finally i came with it.

// Lands
1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
3 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
4 [M12] Glacial Fortress
8 [M12] Island (3)
5 [M12] Plains (2)
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast

// Creatures
2 [MBS] Consecrated Sphinx
2 [M12] Frost Titan
3 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage

// Spells
2 [AVR] Entreat the Angels
2 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
2 [AVR] Terminus
4 [M12] Mana Leak
4 [M12] Ponder
2 [ISD] Think Twice
2 [AVR] Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
2 [NPH] Vapor Snag
1 [ISD] Dissipate
2 [M12] Day of Judgment
2 [M12] Oblivion Ring
2 [NPH] Gut Shot
1 [NPH] Batterskull

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [AVR] Devastation Tide
SB: 1 [AVR] Terminus
SB: 1 [NPH] Vapor Snag
SB: 1 [ISD] Dissipate
SB: 1 [M12] Day of Judgment
SB: 1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [NPH] Gut Shot
SB: 2 [M12] Celestial Purge
SB: 1 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 1 [NPH] Batterskull
SB: 1 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 [M12] Timely Reinforcements
SB: 1 [M12] Negate

classic control deck, still testing but having good results with it. devastation tide is there because of frites, tokens and pod (and also hexproof, just as terminus). gut shot main targets are mana dorks. the rest is pretty self explanatory. the mana base is so solid i can afford playing 3 ghost quarters, really needed because of cavern of souls, nephalia, wolfrun and moorland.

any thoughts/comments/alternative builds.
H3llrais3r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think alchemy would be an excellent card in ur deck, just for the miracles
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would alchemy help the miracles? (honest question) you don't draw, you put into your hand the card, and you send to graveyard 3 cards. i was thinking to add another think twice, to draw during opps turn after pondering on mine and play miracles on their turn, but dunno what to take out.

pod matchup is hard g1, but really easy after SB in negate, revoke existence, timely reinforcements, the extra terminus, devastation tide and the extra ob ring.
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add alchemy or red for faithless and/or other discard cards and play 4x noxius revival...
H3llrais3r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noxious revival + alchemy is a great combo for miracle, also as he says, ponder would be nice also
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

initially i had the idea of playing the revival package for miracle. but after testing i found it's not needed in this deck, as miracle cards can be easily hard-casted if in hand, as they are good against aggro matchups. aggainst other control decks only temporal mastery will still be in the 60. also, what should i take out to add that package? all cards in maindeck are really needed. and, even though i could splash red in the manabase, i should take the quarters out, and i found they are really needed, specially to fight cavern of souls, which everyone is going to play.
i was thinking to put devastation tide maindeck, as it is extremely useful to recover initiative for this deck and disrupt the tempo in tempo-based decks. what do you think i should take out to test it? one gut shot? one sphynx? any other thing?
coming back to faithless looting, i think a UR counterburn deck with tamiyo and miracles with revival can be also build, although i don't know which one would be better, the UR or the UW one. if anyone who has tested wants to make his point...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1