Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWr CatRun

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JustKenny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: GWr CatRun Reply with quote

Lands23
3 Plains
1 Mountain
7 Forest
2 Clifftop Retreat
2 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Sunpetal Grove
1 Inkmoth Nexus
3 Razorverge Thicket

Creatures 26
4 Primeval Titan
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Wurmcoil Engine
4 Fiend Hunter
4 Mirran Crusader

Spells 11
1 Angelic Destiny
4 Green Sun's Zenith
3 Karn Liberated
3 White Sun's Zenith

SB: 3 Thrun, the Last Troll
SB: 1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
SB: 4 Spell Skite
SB: 2 Sword of Feast and Famine
SB: 1 Ray of Revelation
SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
SB: 2 Naturalize
SB: 1 White Sun's Zenith

I have been running this list at my local FMN and its been pretty consistent. Effectively, this deck drains Wolfrun into Mirran Crusader to roflstomp the opponent. If by chance that doesn't work Cat-Sun/usual Wolfrun shenanigans ftw. I have played Karn by turn 4 almost as often as he has been in my hand on turn 4. I originally ran 4 Rampant Growths but switched them for Green Suns and have never looked back. I was hoping to receive advice on how to fine-tune the list and possibly get some other people to pilot the list for a bit and help me find decks that it is weak against. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by JustKenny on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would -1 Angelic Destiny and -3 Karn for +4 Sword of War and Peace, -4 Green Sun's Zenith for +4 Oblivion Ring, and -4 Solemn for +4 Llanowar Elves, but that's just my opinion.
Memmy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I slightly agree with GunsAndDope.

Seeing as this is a IRL deck, 4x Swords which are 40 a pop at the moment might be difficult to pick up, ut I would -3 Kar +3 O-ring.

Slowly work your way to 2-3 Swords.

I'd keep the Solemn. Running 4x Pilgrim, 4x Birds, and 4x Elves is a bit much.
JustKenny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own 2 of each sword, however my original list was +3 O-rings, -3 Karn, +2 War/Peace, +2 Feast/Famine, -2 Pilgrims, -2 Fiend Hunter -4 Green Sun, +4 Rampant growth,

O-rings were removed because I never needed to cast them during my first 3-5 turns, I spend those turns ramping. By the time I do need them I should already have 7 mana, plus they do not hit Inkmoth/Kessig or phrexian crusader... Karn works better than O-rings and if I don't have the mana to play him when I need him my deck has failed to perform is basic function and I will probably lose the game for that reason alone. Besides all that, he ends games.

Swords imo don't mesh well either. Yes I agree they are great which is why I have two in the side board but this deck does not need the extra win condition. I took them out of my deck to increase it's consistency.

For these reasons I have chosen the cards in my current list, please elaborate if I am missing something. I often times miss popular card interactions because I become fixated on unimportant details or concepts. Please list specific examples or situations my deck would profit from any proposed changes so I can play test them myself and make educated decisions on my card choices.

On a side note I am concerned that my Mana Base may be too creature dependent. Any thoughts?
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 Avacyn's Pilgrim +4 Rampant Growth. Gut shot is a card.
Possibly swap the fiend hunters for some O-rings since you aren't playing Honor of the Pure or the Township.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 pilgrim 4 bop 4 fiend hunter way to make a deck that scoops to day of judgement.
nordlund

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more Huntmaster
lucksick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lands23
3 Plains
1 Mountain
7 Forest
2 Clifftop Retreat
2 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Sunpetal Grove
1 Inkmoth Nexus
3 Razorverge Thicket
+2~ Gavony townships. Huge interaction with your mana dorks and white sun zenith.
-2 forests?
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Creatures 26
4 Primeval Titan
4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Wurmcoil Engine
4 Fiend Hunter
4 Mirran Crusader
Needs more huntmaster of the fells. Possibly silver bullet pack for GSZ? Elesh sounds nice with the dorks/ramp too
Personally not fond of the fiend hunters
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Spells 11
1 Angelic Destiny
4 Green Sun's Zenith
3 Karn Liberated
3 White Sun's Zenith
You could get away with 2 karn / 2 zenith. Looks iffy as is.
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nordlund wrote:
Needs more Huntmaster

This.
GDP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the Huntmaster?
JustKenny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that huntmaster is amazing but how well would he work in this deck and where would I put him? Is there a particular matchup he is good against. I would love to include him in this list but I am try not to put cards in a deck just for the sake of having the card in the deck.

Also I have made some changes to my list taking your comments into account.

-4 fiend hunters, -2 green sun's zenith, -1 angelic destiny, -1 razorverge thicket

+4 O-ring, +3 rampant growth, +1 root bound crag,

Sideboard:

1 Elesh Norn
3 Thrun
3 Spellskite
2 Naturalize
1 Ancient Grudge
1 Ray of Revelation
3 Ratchet Bomb
1 Huntmaster
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1