Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burn Ruwb

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle of Protection: Red. GG. Leyline of Sanctity? GG too! Your deck is too cheap to sb against.

Burn is not a good deck vs players who know Magic. Get some Bloodbraid Elves or something decent.
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome deck dude. I think it could use some tuning though.

Don't worry about Circle of protection. I doubt anyone uses it.

If you're going to splash all 4 colours, Tribal Flames might be good. Either that or Pillar of the Paruns.

Sulfur Elemental can also be considered for the board. It can really fuck with Martyr, and because it has Split Second your opponent can't respond by sacing the Martyr. Good stuff. Adding blue for Electrolyze just seems crazy. Electrolyze isn't even very good.

And you simply have to add 1 Harvest Pyre. Just one. I see no reason not to.
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck really needs Sulfuric Vortex or Everlasting Torment in the sideboard.

I don't know that Electrolyze is worth adding blue.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play goblin guide and snapcaster mage.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snapcaster Mage > any other suggestion made...

Electrolyze is suboptimal, three mana for 2 damage is not worth the spare card you pick up. Sudden Shock is marginally useful for having split second.

I would recommend adding the best red 1 drop of the game...Goblin Guide, and then probably something stable at the 3cmc, Flames of the Blood Hand, Hell's Thunder

RDW is a fine strategy, don't listen to magicman85...
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4got wrote:

i like the flames of the blood hand. but what do i drop for it... also the goblin, what do i drop for that ?

I'll let you in on a little trick of mine for testing. Just cut any 3 different cards that you already have 4 of, then add 3 copies of any 1 card you want to test with. At the end of any game, win or lose, if you have a card that just felt dead or underwhelming, cut 1 copy of it and add 1 copy of a card that shined. Bammo. Do it enough times and you deck will be as awesome as my decks are.
EMA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is sudden shock the best option in that slot? Bump in the night would be more effective imho
warwizard87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is most likely a mistake to try 4 color burn. Ur weakining your decks speed and consitancy by adding the colors, even if your adding stronger cards overall. Your just eating up ur speed by playing so many 3 drops. try to cut it down to 1 or 2 colors. mabey 3 like rub.

something like this mabey.

// Lands
1 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [DIS] Blood Crypt
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
5 [CHK] Mountain (3)
3 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [RAV] Watery Grave

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [PLC] Keldon Marauders
4 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage

// Spells
3 [WWK] Searing Blaze
4 [BD] Lightning Bolt
3 [IA] Incinerate
4 [ISD] Bump in the Night
4 [TSP] Rift Bolt
4 [CHK] Lava Spike
3 [NPH] Shrine of Burning Rage
2 [NPH] Vapor Snag

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [SHM] Smash to Smithereens
SB: 2 [DIS] Rain of Gore
SB: 3 [NPH] Torpor Orb
SB: 3 [LRW] Thoughtseize
SB: 2 [ZEN] Into the Roil
SB: 1 [ALA] Relic of Progenitus
SB: 1 [NPH] Vapor Snag

the vapor snags do what you want the removal to do and still do some damage, i don't like having 3 drops in a deck like this, snapcaster mage is basically your 3 drop already. i love shrine it gives you inevitability.
I love the idea of turn 3 sac a land kill a dude with searing blaze. then do it agian next turn with snapcaster flashing back blaze.

EDIT: delver of secrets seems to be perfect for this deck to, possably -4 muraders +4 delver of secrets. -1 mountain +1 steam vent
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If card advantage is an issue, you might try Browbeat. A lot of people talk bad about it because your opponent makes the choice, but either choice is a bargain at 3 mana in my opinion.

Arc Trail is probably better than Electrolize against decks with multiple small creatures, but those are uncommon in modern. You would probably be better off leaving that in the sideboard.

If you have your heart set on splashing several colors, you should look into Snapcaster Mage, Dark Confidant, and Tarmogoyf. And definitely Tribal Flames.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1