Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolf Run list

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
JustKenny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Wolf Run list Reply with quote

11 Forest
2 Copperline Gorge
4 Rootbound Crag
1 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Mountain

3 Wurmcoil Engine
3 Solemn Simulacrum
4 Primeval Titan
3 Viridian Emissary
1 Dungrove Elder
1 Acidic Slime
3 Birds of Paradise
3 Thrun, the Last Troll

2 Karn Liberated
4 Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed

3 Rampant Growth
4 Green Sun's Zenith
1 Beast Within
1 Fling
1 Devil's Play

SideBoard:
3 Arc Trail
2 Sword of Feast and Famine
3 Ratchet Bomb
3 Ancient Grudge
2 Melira, Sylvok Outcast
2 Vulshok Refugee

I like 3 wurmcoils because deathtouch+trample = giggle.
I think Garruk Relentless > Garruk, Primal Hunter, I never need card draw but 3 dam or a 2/2 wolf followed by a tutor is nice, besides if ur lucky you can put out a 1/1 deathtouch wolf and as previously stated deathtouch + trample = giggle.

The reason I rarely need card draw is because I use 4 wolf runs and use them aggressively. saving up cards while using a mana dork as a beating stick. I don't have to rely on a primeval to get my pump on and I am not crippled by a (insert land destruction card here)

also with 4 wolf runs the illusion deck doesn't stand a chance. Target one give it trample then it dies because it was targeted, leaving you to giggle at their expense.

I recently added the arc trail in the SB to deal with the UW blade/human decks that raped me last week.

I was hoping someone might want to help me test this deck or give some suggestions for improvement. Tell me what you think!
Strid3r

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In recent testing I found out that garruk relentless is rather bad if your opponent does not have any little creatures to transform it = control decks. And it is not great vs aggro decks too obviously. So replace it with primal hunter or something else.
Selkie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing as hilarious as having primal hunter out, dumping half your mana into a kessig, then drawing 8 cards.

Card advantage wins matches. Primal hunter is often a 5 cmc draw 6 spell- IN GREEN. No wonder he's $40!! Blue doesn't even get anything nearly as nice.
Burton911

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Viridian Emissary: no just no pls dont play that anaymore :/

lol i just noticed the following numbers, so there is no reason to furhter commentate on the deck.
3 Viridian Emissary
3 Rampant Growth

just an advice:
Take a Wolfrunlist among the top Standard decks from Worlds and play it till you undersand the deck.
And afterwards you can try to mix your own note into it.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But... but... the changes you're all suggesting does not bring about much giggles! IT SHOULD HAVE A GIGGLE FACTOR!!!

On that note, competitive advice is good, but competitive advice + giggles = THE SCHNITZ!!! =P
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1