Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card Round 71 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Create a Card Round 71 Judged Reply with quote

Cloysterd

Quote:
Durzel, Lobotomist Savant (Mythic)
UB
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (Sorceress?)
2/1

As Durzel, Lobotomist Savant enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.

At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player reveals the top card of his or her library. If it is the named card, search that player’s graveyard, hand, and library for all cards with the same name as that card and exile them, then that player shuffles his or her library.

UB: Return Durzel to its owner's hand.

This is power and indeed is super ultra tech. Its vulnerability being played turn 2 is reasonable given its power. Solid Entry! 9/10

--------------------------------------------------

pseudodespot

Quote:
Nhak'Avagne, Sorceress of Rage 1R

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (mythic)

Protection from red.

Token that enter the battlefield under your control are 4/4 red Helion creature token.

1/2

To smash something huge, you need something huge. To smash something tiny, you still want something huge! Nhak'Avagne

Imagine eot midnight haunting with Nhak'avagne (kool name!), would be super ultra power, but not really super ultra tech. 7/10

--------------------------------------------------

Krabik

Quote:

Steana, Empress or the Big Moldril RBB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Sorceress

Flying, Lifelink

When Steana, Empress or the Big Moldril enters the battle field you may search your library for up to three vampire or sorceress creature cards with converted mana cost 3 or less and put one of them into the battlefield and the rest to your hand.

When Steana, Empress or the Big Moldril dies, flip a coin for each of your opponents' creatures. If you win the flip destroy the creature.

"We better watch out. Once the empress falls, we'll all go to hell"
Kleenery Empire Spy

3/2

Undoubtedly super ultra tech, yet way over powered with little to balance it. 6/10

-----------------------------------------------------

sc4rs

Quote:

Adrience, the Patient Queen
UW
Legendary Creature - Human Sorceress - Mythic
1U, T: Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1. You gain 1 life.
1W, T: Tap target creature. You gain 1 life.
1/1
"My subjects have known order for as long as they have lived. I will not allow you to undo my work."

very kool card with great tech, it is reserved in power level and yet its versatility is great. 8/10

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mr_Weebles

Quote:

Queen Myrrah - 1R
Mythic
Legendary Creature - Human Sorceress

Haste

When Queen Myrrah enters the battlefield, you may reveal a red instant or sorcery. If you do, you may search your library for a card with the same name as that and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

2/1

"They do not understand. They do not know why we wage this war. Why we cannot stop. Will not stop. Why we will fight and fight and fight. Until we win... Or we die. And we are not dead yet.

I like this entry very much, as a turn 2, 2 drop, it is the type of card that would push RDW really into another echelon-I'm all for it, as for tech - ya tutor is tech, super ultra tho? 8.5/10

--------------------------------------------------------

Mcleetsauce

Quote:

Zarhym, Sorcerer Overseer (1)(U)
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (M)
(Tap), Pay 1 life: Search your library for a non-land card and put that card into your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
(Untap), Pay 1 life: Exile target non-land card in your graveyard.
As long as a card is exiled with Zarhym, you may play them without paying its mana cost. If you do, you lose life equal to half of its converted mana cost, rounded up.
When Zarhym leaves the battlefield, reveal all cards exiled with Zarhym and shuffle them into your library.
2/1

Ya this one is interesting- super ultra tech yes, but overpowered I think despite its vulnerability. 7/10

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gademis

Quote:

Terra, Arcane Binder (W/U/B/R/G)(W/U/B/R/G)(W/U/B/R/G) Its three symbols that can be paid by any color.

Legendary Creature - Human Sorceress (Mythic)

Imprint - (Whenever Terra, Arcane Binder becomes the target of a spell you may counter it, if you do exile it)

3, Tap: You may copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.

Terra, Arcane Binder has protection from all of the exiled card's colors.

"Becoming one with magic is a step closer to Ascension".

1/2

This is amazing, I had to read it 4 times to fully realize how the protection aspect actually played out. It is super ultra tech, powerful but not broken. 9.5/10

-----------------------------------------------------

Lostwanderer

Quote:

Estrava, presever of life GW
Legendary creature-Elf sorceress (M)
T: Prevent all combat damge that would be dealt to creatures this turn
0/1
I will not allow for unatural death.-Estrava

Elegant entry, not quite the tech level I was asking for but none the less, I like it. 7.5/10
-------------------------------------------------

LordHawk

Quote:

Evelin Mistress of Blaq
Casting Cost: 1BBB
Rarity: Mythic Rare
Type: Legendary Elven Wizard ( sorceress )

When Evelin Mistress of Blaq enters the battlefield exile Target Elf Creature, you gain life equal to exiled creatures casting cost. Put X Divinity counters on Evelin Mistress of Blaq where X is the casting cost of exiled creature.

All Elves you control get +1/+1 for each Divinity counter on Evelin Mistress of Blaq and have swampwalk
All Elves your opponent controls get -1/-1 for each Divinity counter on Evelin Mistress of Blaq

P/T = 2/2

This would be a sweet entry except for the fact its cmc is greater than 3 and the last aspect (you opponents elves?-unnecessary I feel). 6/10

----------------------------------------------------------

khara

Quote:

Dunia of the horns 1(R/U) (R/U)
legendary creature - human wizard M

If you played an instant this turn, <cardname> has flash.

when <cardname> enters the battlefield, you may return any number of instant or sorcery you played this turn from your graveyard to your hand.

"ride the lightning!"

2/2

Ya this ranks high for super ultra tech but also because of its great Izzet nature. Its power is balanced by the cost and its own mechanics. Well thought out Khara! 9/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dev

Quote:

Ayana of Keld UR

Hexproof

Whenever an opponent plays an instant or sorcery spell, if it is the first instant or sorcery spell played this turn you may copy that spell and choose new targets for it.

2/1

This is really powerful, broken? No. Overpowered for its cost? possibly. None the less a clever entry with a decent tech level. 8/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iSperia

Quote:

Cif, Ancestral Mage (U)(U)

Grandeur - discard a card, named Cif, Ancestral Mage: draw two cards

(2/2)

I also really liked Grandeur, and this entry has an elegance about it that speaks of being a real card. Not quite super ultra tech though. 7/10

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balaviaris

Quote:

Aribeth, Queen of Karkossa (1WB)

Legendary creature - Human Wizard (Sorceress) Mythic

Spells you control have Charge 1 (When you cast this spell, you gain 1 charge counter).

Ultimate X (exile Aribeth, Queen of Karkossa from your graveyard and remove X charge counters from yourself): Target player loses X life and you gain X life.

2/2

This is awesome! exile it from your graveyard for its Ultimate is really attractive and the fact that all your spells would add to your charge count means this is pretty powerful. But its hard to judge accurately without seeing other charge cards. All in all though it still boils my sweet potato! 9.5/10.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jpsn54

Quote:

Charice Spellstorm U/R U/R U/R

Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (M)

Haste, Forcefield 2

Whenever you cast a red or blue instant or sorcery spell, untap ~.

T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

T: Draw a card, then discard a card.

Why should i waste a powerful spell on you when i can kill you just as well with a flurry of simple, rather painful ones?

0/1

Forcefield example:

Forcefield X (When ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, counter that spell or ability unless its controller pays X)

This is UBER. It is true that sorceress/wizard lend themselves exceptionally well to Izzet. I like this entry for its versatility, yet (just IMO) its tech level is more copy/paste than super ultra. 8/10

-----------------------------------------------------------

yajiko

Quote:

kiko, the quickened 1RR
legendary creature - human wizard
mythic

haste

whenever <cardname> attacks you may play an instant card from your hand with converted mana cost 3 or less without paying its mana cost.

"Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than rapidity"

3/3

Wow, this is a power house, broken? No, over powered? No. Super ultra tech? Super tech but not ultra. none the less I would run 3-4 in grixis control or RDW!
8.5/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over all Ace entries all....

Gademis and Balaviaris are tied....

but since Gademis won the previous create a card comp....

Congrats Balaviaris--the Floor is yours!

Post round 72 ASAP![/quote]
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile Round 72 is up.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a 7? Really? As much as a complete broken card?
That is disapointing. This side doesn't honor pure simple yet highly appealing desings. Everything needs to be as flashy as possible.

Winning this would have been a stretch, but somehow I come to the conclusion, that the amount of text on a card determites the result.

I should just stop designing cards for print and rather design them purely for sake of the TO. That saddens me a lot.

Balaviaris card is fine on the basic level, but could have been a lot less flashy and still fit its purpose. The concept itself is worth winning, execution could be plain better Wink

Dudes: Less is more, give it a try.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1