Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

September 26 - October 9 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

What trial are you most excited about?
Standard
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Sealed
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Extended
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Modern
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Legacy
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
RFT
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: September 26 - October 9 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from September 26 to October 9. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

Innistrad is now upon us, the new banned list is active, and our schedule includes!:

5 Innistrad Sealed
3 Standard
2 Legacy
2 Modern
1 Extended
1 Random Format Tournament

The Master at the end of this two weeks is the return of limited! Sealed with a top8 booster draft. After that we have your basics Standard, Modern, Legacy, and Sealeds. Extended seems to have fallen to the category of fun weekend, as we have one next to a RFT.

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
diegomediano

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: September 26 - October 9 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

DARKING wrote:
The Master at the end of this two weeks is the return of limited! Sealed with a top8 booster draft.

Nice, perfect testing for GP Santiago.

Just one question: u need any software for the booster draft portion, different than MWS??
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: September 26 - October 9 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

diegomediano wrote:

Just one question: u need any software for the booster draft portion, different than MWS??

Yes, Netdraft.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thrilled to have another limited Master. Innistrad is a challenging set as well - making deckbuilding almost as important as the pool you open.

P.S. What is legal in Extended now anyway?
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
P.S. What is legal in Extended now anyway?

The following card sets are permitted in Extended tournaments:
Shards of Alara
Conflux
Alara Reborn
Magic 2010
Zendikar
Worldwake
Rise of the Eldrazi
Magic 2011
Scars of Mirrodin
Mirrodin Besieged
New Phyrexia
Magic 2012
Innistrad

The following cards are banned in Extended tournaments:
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Mental Misstep
Ponder
Preordain
Stoneforge Mystic
LordHawk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May i ask why whenever a new set comes out Magic-league kills it with Sealed? 5 Innistrad sealed is alot over a 2 week period of time. When there so many other formats, which tons of people love to play.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic league focuses on whatever season it is in real life. Currently Innistrad Sealed is relevant as the ptqs will be this format. Standard is important too with states coming up.
Burton911

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordHawk wrote:
May i ask why whenever a new set comes out Magic-league kills it with Sealed? 5 Innistrad sealed is alot over a 2 week period of time. When there so many other formats, which tons of people love to play.

So what you trying to say is that 5 times standard would be fine, but 5 times sealed is a nono Question
Somehow i think this logic is flawed

And of course the first sealed master since aeons is on a date where i most definitly cant attend Sad
LordHawk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, im not saying that 5 times standard is fine either. I think that an equal mix of all formats ( common played ) would be a better fit. I understand if M-L trys to play by the current season and with Sealed events and states coming up i can not really argue it. However what about the vintage players in m-l, they simply dont get trials?
Kaesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordHawk wrote:
No, im not saying that 5 times standard is fine either. I think that an equal mix of all formats ( common played ) would be a better fit. I understand if M-L trys to play by the current season and with Sealed events and states coming up i can not really argue it. However what about the vintage players in m-l, they simply dont get trials?

Sadly, vintage is pretty dead and will be considered an other format for the purposes of trial format rotation.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1