Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

snapcaster + Zenith

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will get exiled
MikeL123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was counterintuitive to me, but relevant flashback explanation:

“You may play this card from your graveyard by paying [cost] rather than paying its mana cost” and “If the flashback cost was paid, exile this card instead of putting it anywhere else any time it would leave the stack.”

The "any time it would leave the stack" is what surprised me. I had assumed it was "after the spell resolves". In which case, Zenith would already be shuffled back into your library, since that's a part of the spell.

But given that it's "any time it would leave the stack", and it would leave the stack to be shuffled into your library, it is instead exiled.
G0ND412

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it wasn't made this way, against counterspells, it would have allowed the caster to cast it again and again until it finally resolved
MikeL123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Whether that'd be a good thing or a bad thing is up for debate I guess. Anyways, good question, good answers!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1