Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NMS Rage Extractor draft deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Jeyo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: NMS Rage Extractor draft deck Reply with quote

I just drafted this deck, and it turned out to be a blast. I second picked a Rage Extractor out of a relatively weak pack after first picking Act of Aggression. I decided to go all in on the plan after getting a second Rage Extractor passed to me pack 3. My match ended very quickly, drawing double extractor vs a manascrewed opponent game 1 with gambit, skirge, and blessing. Game 2, I just had enough removal + guys to get the job done vs my opponents infect deck. I wouldn't expect this plan to come together very often, but man what a sweet deck:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
8 [UG] Swamp
9 [UG] Mountain

// Creatures
2 [NPH] Pith Driller
1 [NPH] Vault Skirge
1 [MBS] Kuldotha Flamefiend
1 [MBS] Koth's Courier
1 [SOM] Iron Myr
1 [SOM] Leaden Myr
1 [SOM] Fume Spitter
2 [SOM] Moriok Replica
2 [SOM] Bleak Coven Vampires

// Spells
1 [NPH] Act of Aggression
2 [NPH] Rage Extractor
1 [NPH] Tezzeret's Gambit
1 [NPH] Apostle's Blessing
1 [MBS] Burn the Impure
1 [MBS] Go for the Throat
1 [MBS] Into the Core
1 [MBS] Strandwalker
1 [MBS] Flayer Husk
1 [SOM] Cerebral Eruption

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [NPH] Flameborn Viron
SB: 1 [NPH] Pestilent Souleater
SB: 1 [NPH] Numbing Dose
SB: 2 [NPH] Rotted Hystrix
SB: 1 [MBS] Viridian Corrupter
SB: 1 [MBS] Razorfield Rhino
SB: 1 [MBS] Concussive Bolt
SB: 1 [MBS] Glissa's Courier
SB: 1 [MBS] Kuldotha Ringleader
SB: 2 [MBS] Tangle Hulk
SB: 2 [SOM] Bloodshot Trainee
SB: 1 [SOM] Strider Harness
SB: 1 [SOM] Accorder's Shield
SB: 1 [SOM] Necrogen Censer
SB: 1 [SOM] Genesis Wave
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First pick act of agression seems a little weak to me.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your knowledge of limited seems a little weak to me
Nymfo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Act of aggression Reply with quote

First picking aggression is perfectly reasonable depending on the pack. It is definately a 1-3 pick in packs, and if it is a weak pack then no doubt it is a fine pick.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only non-rare cards you could consider taking over act are dismember and enslave.
Jeyo

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First pick act of agression seems a little weak to me.

Quote:
The only non-rare cards you could consider taking over act are dismember and enslave.

I strongly disagree with both of these statements. Enslave forces you into black, which if cut, is a wasted pick. Also, for half the mana cost, Act of Aggression will generally have more impact on a game. Comparing it to dismember, Act has more reach, often acting as a 2 for 1 as opposed to a 1 for 1 and has the added utility of being able to just outright kill an opponent by stealing a blocker and giving you another attacker. For this kind of versatility, that fits into every deck, I would probably pick Act of Aggression over almost every rare in the set as well. Karn, Batterskull, and Sword of War and Peace are probably the few exceptions. If I receive a pack that has Act of Aggression still in it, and the rare is still there, I assume that the person passing to me is doing something wrong.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your definitely over valuing the card. Yes it is easy first pick material, but its ability to 2 for 1 your opponent is situational and doesnt happen all the time, it usually just kills their second largest creature by blocking their largest. if im not playing red it isnt even an auto include in my deck. 4 life for a card that might be amazing or then again it might just kill their second best creature isnt a great deal. However the card is an absolute beating against infect, it is always going to give you value, especially since life loss wont matter.

Dont get me wrong its a great card and definitely a first pick, but there is just no way in hell I'd take it over Dismember or Enslave
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1