Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who has been giving ML a bad name!?!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Who has been giving ML a bad name!?! Reply with quote

So I was just minding my own business, trolling mwsplay.net with MonoGreen Infect, finding all those who claim to be 4443434-2 in win loss record and challenging them for my utter enjoyment when I stumbled upon this guy...

<Lerion> hi you arer of magic league
<Lerion> ?
darkwizard42 shuffles library
<darkwizard42> Yes
<darkwizard42> of course
<darkwizard42> Are you?
<Lerion> you all are a stupids
<darkwizard42> LOL
<System> Player Lost

Now who gave Magic-Leaguers such a bad name that we can't even get a game on MWSPlay??!! LOL
P_P4E

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all are a stupids.

Clearly this was the work of a mad genius.
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Bon Jovi
Kabelis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy surely sounds like he knows what he's saying, don't hate
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lerion is the next great poet of our generation. But he was probably banned from M-L a few days ago or something.

That's also why on mwsplay i dont use my m-l name.
G0ND412

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have responded to him leaving the window with your hand bringing his head to smash the board

i mean, close window doesn't have split second right?
J_R

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact that you are all bad has given m-l this reputation
Zeph

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found this guy before and he even uses other nicks. Is just a troll probably, or someone stupid enough to think anyone who plays mildly decent is a magic-leaguer. He called me that and I dont even consider myself one since I dont play here very often.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame for playing on mwsplay.net in the first place!
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farseer wrote:
Shame for playing on mwsplay.net in the first place!

It's like the best place to play all the random decks you have built. Never tier one but always a little fun: MonoB control, Molten Psyche.dec, mono G infect
foshm
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeph wrote:
I have found this guy before and he even uses other nicks. Is just a troll probably, or someone stupid enough to think anyone who plays mildly decent is a magic-leaguer. He called me that and I dont even consider myself one since I dont play here very often.

Says the guy with 83 posts in the magic-league forum.
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like playing cawblade there just to see how long it takes people to quit.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foshm wrote:
Zeph wrote:

Says the guy with 83 posts in the magic-league forum.

Says the guy with 6 posts in the magic-league forum.

Lerion is obviously envious that he is not member of magic-league.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
Each mws server begins to look like the anus mundi, for mtg players, after playing a few random opponents. Lerion is evidence of this, if you ask me. Just look at how many mws randoms disconnect after losing the first game; randoms trying to nip the bud by seeing if someone is from M-L before starting the game is a logical progression.

Bad players all have the same issues with not accepting that their losses come as a result of their own shortcomings. They blame luck, the cards, shuffling, cheating etc. Coincidentally, assigning blame to others makes people act as though they have been wronged...hence why mwsrandoms are more often than not horrible human-beings.

Having an inflated sense of accomplishment from winning against randoms will make some people worse players, in my opinion too. I had it happen personally with 1.5 testing and went to a real 1.5 tournament and I had a rude awakening. More recently, a friend of mine started playing again and is on tilt constantly while playing anyone because local players that he used to beat all the time continued to play while he was gone for the last few years. Obviously they're going to be winning, but he is so used to winning that he will fixate on things like luck if he gets blown out by an opponent preordaining into something. I think that kind of mentality hurts someone's past, present and future(in mtg terms of course). What I mean with the tenses give is:

Past- It proven that when someone is in a heightened state of emotional arousal, their ability to recall information is handicapped. So whether it is remembering something related to that specific match, or maybe some sort of knowledge from even further back.

Present- If someone's trying to cope by externalizing blame, or even just pissed, they may not be able to consider the present game state because they are still fuming over their opponent's nut draw or how they have drawn five lands in a row, despite having only twenty lands, etc etc. Basically, people will find themselves distracted.

Future- Something, like sideboarding, could be negatively influenced because someone's too concerned about some card that an opponent ripped to the point that a suboptimal card may be kept in the deck or boarded-in just because Volition reins happened to be the card that ended a game that may have already been lost.

Tldrtldrtldr

Good, but too long for a post on forums i think.

You should write a book.
tchiseen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDK but this seems like a pretty good sig

Quote:
<Lerion> you all are a stupids
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2