Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another way to get infinite life

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
innovator320

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: another way to get infinite life Reply with quote

instead of simply going
Leonin Relic-Warder + Soul's Attendant + Phyrexian Metamorph

now you can mix it up and add more combo pieces to the deck which are also removal spells:

Leonin Relic-Warder + Soul's Attendant + 2x Oblivion Ring

or

Leonin Relic-Warder + Soul's Attendant + Oblivion Ring + Journey to Nowhere

this puts a creature in play infinite times by having leonin remove oring then having oring/journey remove leonin, and repeat

In testing i would go 4 mana play leonin then journey him to protect him, next turn 4 mana for attendant + oring = combo off

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
6 [P3] Plains (2)
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
4 [M11] Glacial Fortress
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
2 [WWK] Halimar Depths

// Creatures
4 [ROE] Soul's Attendant
4 [NP] Suture Priest
4 [NP] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [MB] Leonin Relic-Warder
1 [PRE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// Spells
4 [M11] Preordain
4 [M12] Ponder
4 [NP] Gitaxian Probe
4 [HOP] Oblivion Ring
3 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [NP] Spellskite
SB: 4 [ZEN] Brave the Elements
SB: 4 [NP] Dismember
SB: 1 [M12] Sun Titan
SB: 2 [ZEN] Sphinx of Jwar Isle

this is just a rough list made to test it out, probably not be viable at all but it is fun.

Last edited by innovator320 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
innovator320

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said it wasnt a viable deck in my post, just showing that oring can be used to combo as well.... read before you post please
innovator320

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u tried to critique a deck i said wasn't really a deck lol....

o thanks for pointing out to me that u can poison or mill someone out that has alot of life...... lol
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to make some points:

1- Poison and mill are not decks (well, something like caw blade could probably poison you to death, but straight up poison just sucks).

2- This doesn't actually work as a straight up combo, since is just worst than Splinter Twin and Valakut for a multitude of reasons.

3- The thing that made Project-X good was that it could actually work as a really viable deck at the same time as a combo. This requires you to play Soul Attendant and Suture Priest and those are very bad cards.

4- Perhaps you could overcome point 2 by somehow adding card advantage to the deck, making up for the cards you virtually just loss, but the key for that is most likely not in mono white.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not_I wrote:
Poison and milling will still rock you. Even just a player with a lot of anti creature could bring you to a stand still. Any instant creature kill can rupt your combo. Your entire deck is based around a combo thats fragile and non game ending.
Your primary win condition is way late in the game giving your opponent ample time to draw a counter to it. And your secondary win condition is countered by the most common card in the trials last time i looked(tec edge).
Dont get me wrong, any deck you face without: creature kill, hand disruption, interuption, bouncing, poison, milling, or fast speed will likely suffer defeat. But really, are you making decks to beat trash or decks that can get consistant wins?
As for suggestions on improving it; Perhaps you should add a better secondary win condition. Mill perhaps? Even a lil would do the job. Perhaps mainboard the spellskites or some other form of defense against instant creature kill. Grand abolisher does the job as well as protecting you from mana leaks, problem is you have to actually get him out and keep him out:/
Best of luck.

"Poison and Milling will still rock you"

REALLY? This is what you post? He is right with he rebuttle, but he should have called you a nub.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all are idiots save sligh and the one asking for ideas on how to improve an interesting combo to say the least. I agree with the troll though. Spellskites main or Grand abolisher main would be good. Also there is a white 1cmc instant that gives protection from colors(cant remember the name of it) that you might run a 2-3 of in here to help you get your combo off. Also, Sun titan? or even splash another color for a win condition as gaining infinite life isnt really cutting it with no removal outside of the cards you are using in your combo. I definitely think either adding titans or gideon would make this deck immensely better. Thats only my "nub" 2 cents. happy brewing!
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, although the "1 emrakul" rule is funny, i dont think it belongs here as an alternate for the titans or gideon. You have to wait for the mana to hardcast and a 6cmc is way faster if your combo fails.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe use Ajani Goldmane, Ajani Pridemate, or Serra's Ascendent.

Goldmane you can make a 2000/2000 token. Pridemate gets the counters to get huge, and Serra just becomes a 6/6 flyer once you hit 30 life.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Titan is needed, as it gets back all of your combo pieces.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1