Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should WOTC print foil tokens?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
HeartofDavid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Should WOTC print foil tokens? Reply with quote

I found one of the most entertaining things about Modo,oddly enough, is the foil tokens. Should WOTC print foil tokens for paper magic that could either be purchased in a special pack or inserted randomly in boosters? Why or why not?
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This to me seems like it would be a waste of resources as no one buys a booster hoping for a foil token.
Darric

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason why they couldn't randomly replace the regular tokens with foils in some packs. If they're just as rare as regular foils then it wouldn't cost wotc very much more to do.

Having them in a separate pack doesn't seem so good, but I guess it would work if there was demand.

Basically, I wouldn't buy a separate pack just to get foil tokens, or any tokens for that matter, but I'd be pretty happy to get a foil token in a regular pack.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd be surprised how many people want tokens.

I think this is actually a really good idea that ive never heard before surprisingly.

Maybe print them in mythic rarity intervals and see how much money they become. I'd speculate in the 10 dollar range for decent ones, 20 for the good ones...Potentially more.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
you'd be surprised how many people want tokens.

I think this is actually a really good idea that ive never heard before surprisingly.

Maybe print them in mythic rarity intervals and see how much money they become. I'd speculate in the 10 dollar range for decent ones, 20 for the good ones...Potentially more.

This sounds like a very solid idea.
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mad enough when I get a foil land, I hope they don't make tokens too :\
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:

What about a foil extended art land?:p

They did print a foil token once. The coldsnap prerelease or something. Marit Lagie or however it's spelt.

Foil tokens apeal to only some the serious players. Like players who love to have a full foil deck. But cos you can legally use anything for tokens as long as both players agree. You could make your own foil tokens. Like if you got a foil card you didnt want, you could turn it into a foil token. There is a video on youtube how to do so.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwanderer wrote:
magicman85 wrote:

What about a foil extended art land?:p

They did print a foil token once. The coldsnap prerelease or something. Marit Lagie or however it's spelt.

Foil tokens apeal to only some the serious players. Like players who love to have a full foil deck. But cos you can legally use anything for tokens as long as both players agree. You could make your own foil tokens. Like if you got a foil card you didnt want, you could turn it into a foil token. There is a video on youtube how to do so.

Link or it doesn't exist...

So, what do you do if you need a token and you and your opponent can't agree on what to use?
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magiccards.info/extra/token/coldsnap/marit-lage.html
^token

If your opponent doesnt agree the're probably a stuck up player.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1