Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-a-Card: Exciting Round 54 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Create-a-Card: Exciting Round 54 Judged Reply with quote

Alrighty, you asked for it, so here it is, the judging of Exciting Round 54!

Kewpee:
Quote:
Into the Unknown 2GG R
Sorcery

Take the top 5 cards of your library and remove them from the game
face down. Your opponent separates them into two piles. You may then choose one of the piles and reveal them. If any of the cards are permanents, put them into play. All other cards revealed this way are put to the graveyard.

"When we arrived we had no vision of what we were getting into, not even our enemy could see the threat ahead." -Elspeth Tirel

An interesting mix of blue and red flavor wrapped in a green package. Seems great for an Elf deck or the like.
Nice flavor that really fits the emotion of the story up to that point.

9.5/10: -.5 for not fleshing out much else of the story

Cloysterd:
Quote:
TL;DR
Enchantment 2WWW
All creatures lose all abilities.
I don't know who you are, and I don't really care.

Overpriced enchantment with no rarity and flavor that maybe pertains to the plot, but not likely.
-5/10: -15 for being a dick

sc4rs:
Quote:
Attention Whore
UUWW
Creature - Human Flagbearer (R)
While choosing targets as part of casting a spell or activating an ability, your opponents must choose at least one Flagbearer on the battlefield if able.
UW, T: Gain control of target spell that targets Attention Whore. You may choose new targets for that spell.
1/5

Maybe not overpriced, seems fun in limited. No flavor at all, other than flavor mocking me, more than likely.

-420/10: -430 for being an uber dick

jdachiefs0:
Quote:
Gather Forces {W/G}{W/G}WG
Enchantment Rare

X: Put X 1/1 Elvish Warrior into playIf X is 3 or more or this is the second time you activated Gather Forces abilities this turn, sacrifice Gather Forces.

All Soldiers and Elves get +1/+1.

The Moral of the citizens remain strong, though resources remain depleted. ~Excerpt of Letter from Gene Carvel, Commander of Allied Forces at Siege of Benalia City to Eladamiri, Llanowar Commander at Loridahl

Nice cost, nice abilities. Flavor text aludes to an ongoing war that our plucky heroes have been thrown into the midst of.

9.75/10: -.25 for the cost, I think it could have been 2WG and been totally fine.

ThEaUg0MaN:
Quote:

Midget Elf Piggyback Rider

1GW

Elven - Equipment

Living Weapon (When this equipment enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 white Human creature token onto the battlefield, then attach this to it)

Equipped creature gets +1+1 and has GGWW, Sacrifice this creature: Put a 1/1 white Human creature token onto the battlefield with x +1+1 counters on it, where x is the toughness of the creature sacrificed +1.

Equip GW

"Midget - "GO FASTER JOHNNY BOY!"
John the Man-slave: "Getting Tired... Must Rest...."
Midget - "Damnit, not another one! Time to trade him in for something bigger! HEE HEE HEE!"

lol. Nice use of living weapon. Who's to say that this doesn't have any part in the story?

8.75/10: -1.25 because I don't think this has a part in any story

khara:
Quote:
for cry out loud 1GG
sorcery-rare

until end of turn, each permanent you control has "T:add G to your mana pool"

draw a card

its ok to be noisy, but make it worthwhile for cry out loud... here have some weed!

I don't really see the use of this and the flavor does little to progress the story line, if it does at all.

6/10: -4 for reasons above

Gademis:
Quote:
The villain appears RB1

Instant - Rare

Put a Red or Black Legendary creature from your hand in the battlefield. You lose life equal to its converted mana cost.

"He took us by suprise... By the time I caught on what was happening he had left and Elspeth was missing" - John Q. Smith

Nice, suicidal card that fits the colors nicely. Steers the story into the stereotypical fantasy novel, which isn't a bad thing.

9.5/10: -.5 because of how many times this card will be setting dead in your hand.

Radchek:
Quote:
Savage Pack 3GB
Creature- Horror

When savage pack enters the battlefield put three 2/2 black and green horror tokens into play.

2/2

"There I was alone in the forest with a pack of grotesque predators closing in around me." -John Q Smith

Well, I was alluding to the elves of Llanowar closing in on him, but who is to say that three black and green horrors didn't jump him, and the elves come to save the day and then explain that even their great forest is no longer safe from this great evil.

9/10: -1 for not putting a rarity on it, although I would hope for either rare or uncommon

Balaviaris:
Quote:
John's flashlight 1

Legendary Artifact Rare

U,tap: exile target red or green creature with toughness 1.

"Who'd think that something i forgot in my pocket would scare those little ones so much!" - John Q. Smith.

Lol, really nice flavor, but a very limited use.

9/10: -1 for not saying cmc 1 or extending it to any color, still a good limited card tho (for your sb)

DuCK:
Quote:
Nicol-Bolas Appears

UUBBR

Instant

Gain control of target planeswalker. That planeswalker has loyalty X where X is equal to that planeswalkers ultimate loyalty cost - 1.

Rare

Nice cost, nice effect. I guess Nicol-Bolas is the baddie now? Maybe he's just a pawn himself.

9.5/10: -.5 for lack of flavor text

bobdogs:
Quote:
Of Course You Can Trust Me (1RR)
Sorcery - Rare

Untap all permanents you control. After your second main phase there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase.

Skip your next turn.

After the tiny little green man identified himself as Squee, John Q. Smith turned to Elspeth and said "Even if he is no help fighting the beasts of Llanowar forest, We can always just use him as bait."

ROFL. LMAO. LOL. Other things denoting that I am laughing.

9.75/10" -.25 for me not understanding how the flavor text fits the spell's effects

toguppy:
Quote:
Card Name:
Imposed Egress

Mana Cost:
1UWG

Converted Mana Cost:

Types:
Instant
Card Text:
#return target creature to it's owners hand and put a copy of this creature onto the battlefield under its owners control;
#Target creature gains indestructible until end of turn. (Effects that say "destroy" don't destroy that permanent. An indestructible creature can't be destroyed by damage.) ;
#Target creature gains: When this creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield this turn, return that card to the battlefield.

Flavor Text:
"I wouldn't bring you here if I couldnt protect you and surround you with friends John" - Elspeth

Rarity:
Mythic

similar to seeds of strength in regards to having 3 targets, I figured it would be fun to create something that was so dependant on having 3 targets, and useful creatures at that!

it even allows for you to have a replacement john be on earth for the storyline ^.^

Really great flavor!

9.5: -.5 for doing a little too much for the cost, but then again, it is mythic...

Well, that's it, thanks for all those who entered and actually tried to progress this convoluted storyline we made.

It looks like a tie between JDAChiefs0 and BobDogs. I gotta give the edge to BobDogs for making a card that looks so fun in GR Aggro! (Just be careful with those Bloodbraid Elves)
jdacheifs0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd second place....gotta win one of these...
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have won if:
Force of the Fellowship 2WG
Enchantment - M
{w/g}: Put a 1/1 white and green Elf Warrior token onto the battlefield. If this is the third time you activated this ability this turn, sacrifice [this].
Elves you control get +1/+1
Soldiers you control get +1/+1
cool flavor text... probably too close to Lord of the Rings

Name is good, cost is fair. Effect is great and flavorful. Flavortext would be epic (and it's okay to quote books because mtg history is rife with it). Design of the ability is much more solid.

I've never really looked at these create-card rounds, but they're fascinating. If anyone wants help tuning a card or making sure it makes sense in the rules, find me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1