Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shape anew on precursor golem

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Daeron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: shape anew on precursor golem Reply with quote

I hate when MWS players treat me as a NooB before insulting me and leaving the match... because of easily debatable rule problems =/...

thing is... i have been playing magic for a while... and i have the reason a lot of times ... but im not acting like a smart ass for that... maybe im wrong in this one i dont know...

enyway, this time the board lokked like this:

y played precursor golem with its copies last turn...
so now i played shape anew on him to ... of course... made the copies...
and search for the other 3 artifacts i play with (2 more PG and a colossus). But then my opp cast a counter on the original anew saying that i wasnt able to create the 2 other copies... he said something like "i countered it ... so no targets noob"
didnt get that actually... but i asume that for only playing the anew targeting the golem... i automatically have to trigger the hability of creating copies... and no matter what could be the result of the original shape anew... resolving the triggered hability would let me get the other 2 copies...

sorry for my english...
did u get it???
how does it work?
who is right??

thanks -.
pg8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. It becomes a target when you cast it, not when it resolves.
danprince10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously your opponent is not allowed to go back and counter something after you have already gone through witht the action of the spell. But even if he had countered the original shape anew, you would still get to use it for the other 2 copies.
Daeron

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh... of course...
i didnt resolve eny of them at the time he countered.
sorry for that.
J_R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont play vs randoms on mws
warwizard87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
dont play vs randoms on mws

this
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1