Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pack to Power

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
enfinit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Pack to Power Reply with quote

So I recently received in the mail from the man himself
something special.
Johnathan Medina
For those of you who are unfamiliar with it here's one of the first parts
http://www.mananation.com/pack-power-trades-13/

This whole series has spawned a website and Johnathan making good money working for SCG now.

In the link above you will see the original pack to power that was opened. I emailed him for a card from the pack to power series with a long discussion on his trading and journey.

He in turn sent me the Mammoth Umbra signed from the original pack 2 power. I was wondering what something like this would be worth?

Thanks for serious opinions.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly nothing. Not trying to be a dick but you may find someone who would trade you a $5 rare for it just to be sporting but it's not worth anything.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
Otherwise, just hang onto it as a cool piece of memorabilia.

+1; it'll also make a great story to tell someone.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
I didn't even know what you were talking about. I had to look it up. Pretty cool, but yeah...

If an average (read:not FoF, FoW etc etc) common/uncommon that was autographed by it's artist is worth almost nothing, then things aren't looking great for you.

If you want to try to sell it, maybe ebay and set the reserve at whatever you'd want or something. Otherwise, just hang onto it as a cool piece of memorabilia.

You'd be lucky to get a dollar for it on ebay considering you'd be paying a listing fee, charging for shipping, and paying ebay/paypal fees. Not to mention the card has approximately zero value and no one would bid on it. I've seen thousands of these cards on Ebay over the years that people think have value because so and so signed it at some event or whatever. The only time I've ever seen a card that was signed go for more it was a Winter Orb and that was because it was signed and altered by Richard Garfield in 1997 or so and it went for like $7. If he hadn't altered it when he signed it would have just been another worthless Winter Orb.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1