Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M11 Titans

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
OilSlick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: M11 Titans Reply with quote

You can see the M11 Spoiler Here

The Black and White Titans are obv the best and I'm sure will see play in T2. the red one is ok, the blue one is meh. The green one could be could cause it searches for any land not only basics.

What do you guys think?

The spoiler says mana Leak is coming back I hope thats true

EDIT
runt9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green one... If it were only BASIC lands, it'd be pretty meh. But it's ANY land... Imagine paying 6 mana for a 6/6 that fetches you two of your manlands, Tectonic Edges, or anything of the type. I think it's pretty neat, especially when it has the chance to attack.
Steveman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white one is broken, I'm throwing him in every single one of my decks now
Lynolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: The Titan cycle Reply with quote

I'll start by color order.

Sun Titan: I don't know if this is going to see play or not. Truth is, it has potencial, but I don't see any great cards that this can bring back in the current T2. It is too slow for White Weenie, and Control decks usually control the board with spells, not permanents. Maybe returning Wall of Omens is a cool trick, but then again, there are better options for a control deck to run for 6 mana. Returning fetchlands seems unecessary if you have already reached six mana to cast this guy. Maybe it will be used in Next Level Bant, but only testing will tell if this giant performs well there.

Frost Titan: Certainly appealing, and can keep Walletslayer Angel at bay, but I think it's the worst titan of the cycle. The best place where I can see this guy is in a Control mirror matchup, where your opponent will need to spend 2 mana more to cast a spell to eliminate him. And if you manage to have counterspell backup, then your opponent will be in big trouble. Heck, even Jace, the Mind Sculptor will cost you two mana (three, if you tapped a land when it entered the field) to send this guy to your hand!

Grave Titan: Obviously the most powerful of the five. I mean, ten power total for just 6 mana? And even if your opponent managed to cast a removal spell on him, you still gained two 2/2 creatures! Together with other cards from M11, like Obstinous Baloth and Cultivate, I can see BG Rock making a comeback this season. Only time will tell if it has the potencial to become competitive or not. Trust me, you will fear this card someday. Maybe not in the current T2, but I wouldn't discard this titan so soon.

Inferno Titan: It's hard to evaluate this card. I mean, it has potencial, just like it's other four brothers, but currently in T2 I have no idea where this giant will find a home, if he does manage to find one. Truth is, he's a really powerhouse against decks with small creatures, such as Next Level Bant and Naya Vengevine. And planeswalkers will hate this guy too.

Primeval Titan: Between grabbing Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle and some Mountains, or triggering as many landfall abilities as you wish, or, even more awesome (for me, at least), searching for Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple to cast one of those deadly Eldrazi, just choose which of these you prefer the most. And you still get a 6/6 trampler in the proccess! I can totally see GU Turboland fans going nuts for this guy as well.

Only time will tell how much these titans will affect the metagame. It's these kinds of card that SHOULD be printed at mythic. But for now, enjoy the wonderful set that is about to get released! Mr. Green

Last edited by Lynolf on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that between Primeval Titan and the Kodama's Reach reprint, Valakut could be a pretty spicy deck.

The White titan COULD be a solid white finisher/card advantage creature in the same vein of Reveillark, depending on what cards it's getting back.

The blue one is god awful, and the other two look like they'll probably end up seeing the most play as limited bombs.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think of the blue one as a cross between Ajani Vengeant and Gideon Jura. I actually think it will prove to be the best one.
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For raw card advantage the green and white titans are the best for sure. As for Sun Titan, there are a lot of 3cc cards that you would want to bring back like O-Ring and Wall of Omens.
Sigil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
For raw card advantage the green and white titans are the best for sure. As for Sun Titan, there are a lot of 3cc cards that you would want to bring back like O-Ring and Wall of Omens.

I might have to Disagree. I think the black one deserves a spot. 3 bodies and 10 power for six mana pretty much demands a DoJ.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigil wrote:
R3wind wrote:

I might have to Disagree. I think the black one deserves a spot. 3 bodies and 10 power for six mana pretty much demands a DoJ.

Sure it is good, sure it gets better if it attacks (like the rest), but in potential it is lacking. It does one thing (critter production) well, but the G and W titans have synergy and adaptability; those traits might possibly prove to be the winners in the long run of the next year.
InWaking

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Titans are awesome in their own right.
I agree the red one seems like it may not get that much constructed play, but I bust one of those open in limited I am 90% sure I will play red.
They're pretty bonkers when the set gets released the first M11 legal FNM I am totally going to pilot some sort of horrible deck that features 1 of each of titans just for shits and giggles.

The blue one is the most underrated one I believe a monoblue midrange deck is in order with Conundrum Sphinx.
SJM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigil wrote:
R3wind wrote:

You only have to deal with the 6/6 then block the 2/2 zombies with a couple wall of omens or let Gideon soak them until you decide to remove them.

I don't think the black titan is good outside of limited.

I hope he's cheap because I want to put him in my zombie themed EDH deck Razz .

The green titan is pretty insane. He's probably the only one that will see serious play.
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For real, the green titan is nuts think of all of the one of lands that you could tutor for in extended or standard. His is even a good blink or ghostaway target. Ghostaway in Extended Plus obviously.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1