Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/U Reanimator

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: B/U Reanimator Reply with quote

Hi all, Im going to a legacy tournament this weekend and this is what I'm thinking of taking at the moment . . . oh before you go further MYSTICAL TUTOR IS LEGAL TILL JULY 1ST! Razz With that out of the way . . .

//NAME: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Magic Workstation\Legacy - ReAlexNator.mwDeck
1 Island
2 Swamp
4 Polluted Delta
3 Underground Sea
3 Misty Rainforest
4 Wasteland

1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
1 Inkwell Leviathan
1 Blazing Archon
1 Terastodon
2 Iona, Shield of Emeria

4 Force of Will
4 Thoughtseize
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Brainstorm
4 Daze
4 Careful Study
4 Entomb
4 Reanimate
4 Exhume
1 Show and Tell

// Sideboard:
SB: 1 Inkwell Leviathan
SB: 2 Show and Tell
SB: 1 Coffin Purge
SB: 1 Echoing Truth
SB: 1 Realm Razer
SB: 1 Diabolic Edict
SB: 1 Wipe Away
SB: 1 Bloodghast
SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
SB: 4 Stifle
SB: 1 Duress

The biggest change with my list is the Wastelands in the main, which is my current attempt to shore up the SB games against New Horizon (they're bloodly horrible, i managed to improve it to 3 wins 7 loses). They should also make the Dazes better. The mana seems stable like this (though not ridiculously rock solid like it used to be). The singleton show and tell is pre emptive boarding against New Horizon.

As for the sideboard . . .
I've swapped out Pithing Needle for Stifle because A)sometimes you dont know what to needle B)ppl run a split between crypt and relic C)its a blue card I can pitch to FOW D) its tutorable (not for long though ) E)it compliments the wasteland package. I cut Sadistic Sacrament and Dryad Arbor (which is slick) cause of the Wastelands, I cut Animate Dead cause I think it's pretty useless. I put in the extra Inkwell cause I'd like to keep my fattie count up (or raise it) for my Show and Tells and Careful Studies.

My plan against New Horizon is . . .
-1 Terrastadon, -4 Daze, -3 Exhume
+1 Inkwell, +4 Stile, +2 Show and Tell +1 Duress

I think I've kept the core of the deck intact while mostly messing around with the reactive strategies it had (like 8 green fetches + arbor). Thoughts and criticism much appreciated!
mchosa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would u want wastelands it doesnt do anything for the deck, it doesnt make your dazes better it makes them worse cause u might not have an island or two to return with daze
Vodka_7up

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
why would u want wastelands it doesnt do anything for the deck

Mostly to try and mana screw the "New Horizon" deck, since most of my wins came from stifle giving them mana problems I figured I'd try out the Wasteland.
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vodka_7up wrote:
gypsy wrote:
why would u want wastelands it doesnt do anything for the deck

Mostly to try and mana screw the "New Horizon" deck, since most of my wins came from stifle giving them mana problems I figured I'd try out the Wasteland.

So you are making your deck worser because of 1 matchup? It's not like you will be playing that deck 9 out of 10 rounds...
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see how your losing to that matchup and i dont see how wasteland would help that much
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1