Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black White Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Dooby12

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Black White Control Reply with quote

I may have played this against some people on Workstation,but looking for some advice for this deck.

8xPlains
8xSwamp
4xMarsh Flats
4xTerramorphic Expanse

4xDay of Judgement
4xOblivion Ring
4xDoom Blade
4xHideous End
4xAbyssal Persecuter
4xFelidar Sovereign
4xPath to Exile
4xDuress
4xMind Rot

Sideboard

4xKor Sanctifiers
4xCelestial Purge
4xGatekeeper of Malikir
3xConsuming Vapors

I'm mainly looking to try and make the sideboard and the main deck a little better without doing a complete overhaul.

The few times I've tested this on Workstation it seems to do ok against control,but is amazing against aggro. I would like to try and add some discard to the deck,but not sure what to take out.

Any help would be appreciated.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidehollow sculler
QuoBi

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why felidar and not baneslayer? and why do you only have 8 creatures? thats like one win condition out of every 7.5 cards. I dunno if it looks like anything worth playing with, black white died with bitterblossom and spectral procession and cloudgoat rangers and... etc etc.
Dooby12

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason Felidar over Baneslayer is mostly because I don't have the money to spend on a playset of Baneslayers,so have to make do with what I've got.

I've thought about adding Nighthawk's to the deck,but not sure what to take out just yet.
The scullers I'm not so sure about just yet. I'm gonna have to wait till I get home and try it out and see what happens.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 Hideous End
-4 Doom Blade
-4 Duress
-4 Mind Rot

+4 Wall of Omens
+4 Sign in Blood
+4 Everflowing Chalice
+3 Mind Shatter
+1 Iona, Shield of Emeria

You don't need 16 targeted creature kill spells + 4 sweepers. And yes 9 win conditions are not enough either but Sign in Blood and Wall of Omens at least helps you find more of them.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8xPlains
8xSwamp
4xMarsh Flats
4xTerramorphic Expanse

-4xDay of Judgement
-4xOblivion Ring
-4xDoom Blade
-4xHideous End
-4xAbyssal Persecuter
-4xFelidar Sovereign
-4xPath to Exile
-4xDuress
-4xMind Rot

Sideboard

-4xKor Sanctifiers
-4xCelestial Purge
-4xGatekeeper of Malikir
-3xConsuming Vapors

+jund
Dooby12

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdfolner-I tried some of your suggestins and went on ahead and put Baneslayers in place of Felidars and the deck runs amazingly know.

Unfortunately,until I can get the money to spend on a playset of Baneslayers,I'm gonna have to go with Felidars whenever I'm playing IRL. But now the deck is great.

Thanks to all for the suggestions
Amigosu

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I make a deck I always ask why my deck is best than the decks that already been created.
For example, why ur deck is better than a Esper? Is because is cheaper?
If you would make a Control deck without money, I would make something like the UB Control from block, because have good draws and good answers. Think about that.

Your deck isn't good enough because all your cards are basically 1-1 traders, in a meta with lots of bb Elfs, Blightning and Mind Spring, you will lose the games if you try to control.

Another option, is do a Agro BW deck like one that appeared in the regionals.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1