Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zendikar full art lands and sec code issues.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Zendikar full art lands and sec code issues. Reply with quote

There has been an increasing number of security code discrepancies that stem from the use off full art basic lands from Zendikar. This is because when the site looks at the deck file, it looks at the land and will says something along the lines of "Island (2a)". This causes the site to see a different sec code than MWS has.

I think this only happens with the slightlymagic masterbase, and My advice is to refrain from using these lands in your decks when you register them.
Kienan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not playing Constructed at the moment anyway but, just out of curiosity, simply not using those extra lands (1a, 2a, etc.), and using "Island (2)" (as in your example) would give the right security code, correct?

Because if you really like the full lands, you can manually delete the duplicates (a's) from the masterbase. This gives the added benefit of correcting the set size; ZEN will now actually read as a 249 card set, as opposed to the 269 card set it claims to be with the extra lands.
Kienan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akelyma_ wrote:
How are they the idiots? It seems to me that you're the idiot for not being able to beat them.

Beating Fog and Trap is very simple. Kill their Howling Mine effects, Font of Mythos included.

I think you're in the wrong thread.
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and that makes you an idiot lol ^^
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be frank, I don't know the exact issue, but It seems to stem from some amount of ZEN full art lands. All of them? I have no clue, but in general that seems to fix the problem.[/img]
neosystems
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most current version of the Slightlymagic masterbase (Worldwake update) only has one set of lands for Zendikar, and they are not 1a, 2a, etc. There should be no problem with full art lands.
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEN full art lands are the real lands of that set, not the half-card alternates you get in the premade decks
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neosystems wrote:
The most current version of the Slightlymagic masterbase (Worldwake update) only has one set of lands for Zendikar, and they are not 1a, 2a, etc. There should be no problem with full art lands.

Well, I had the first Slightlymagic base with WWK and they did have it. They may have changed it, but anyone who had the first version would have no reason to think that theirs was wrong.

The easiest solution to this, is to go thru all your ZEN lands, right click and go to View/Edit record. Then look at version. Any that have (1a) (2a) etc next to them, right click them again and do delete record. then you can use them without worry.
ZuperLopeZ
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the problem is because when you import a deck, mws take the latest basic set of each card (there are other people that like these lands but for the most mws take it when you import), so when m11 or next block appears i think this problem will disapear ^^.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1