Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UB Draft - solid, but not invincible

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
loki3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: UB Draft - solid, but not invincible Reply with quote

Could've sworn I picked up an Umara Raptor, early pack 1 or 2, but I guess not.

Quote:
Pack 1:
Pick 1 - Disfigure. Over Plated Geopede (and 4/3 Giant).
Pick 2 - Hideous End. Over green 2-drop ally and 3/1 Intimidate Boar.
Pick 3 - Gatekeeper of Malakir. Over Torch Slinger. Almost felt like a mistake, but I passed some red already, was comfortably B with Hideous End, and I decide to pass a bit more.

Picked up Nimana Sell-Sword (p4?) and another Hideous End (strangely late) and was thinking monoB, or BW. But picked up a late Windrider Eel and Paralyzing Grasp. So decided to draft UB hard.

Quote:
Pack 2:
Pick 1/2/3 - Hideous End & Verdant Catacombs & Living Tsunam (not sure of order but I think the sac-land was second over junk)

Quote:
Pack 3:
Pick 1 - Vapor Snare over Kazuul

Quote:
// Lands
1 [WWK] Halimar Depths
1 [ZEN] Jwar Isle Refuge
1 [WWK] Quicksand
1 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
6 [ZEN] Swamp (Cool
7 [ZEN] Island (1)

// Creatures
1 [ZEN] Blood Seeker
1 [WWK] Bojuka Brigand
1 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
1 [ZEN] Nimana Sell-Sword
1 [WWK] Shoreline Salvager
1 [ZEN] AEther Figment
1 [WWK] Calcite Snapper
1 [WWK] Halimar Excavator
1 [ZEN] Living Tsunami
2 [ZEN] Reckless Scholar
2 [ZEN] Tempest Owl
1 [WWK] Tideforce Elemental
2 [ZEN] Windrider Eel

// Spells
1 [WWK] Dead Reckoning
1 [ZEN] Disfigure
3 [ZEN] Hideous End
1 [ZEN] Paralyzing Grasp
1 [WWK] Vapor Snare

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Caller of Gales
SB: 1 [ZEN] Cosi's Trickster
SB: 1 [WWK] Dispel
SB: 1 [WWK] Enclave Elite
SB: 2 [WWK] Mysteries of the Deep
SB: 2 [ZEN] Shoal Serpent
SB: 2 [ZEN] Tempest Owl
SB: 2 [ZEN] Whiplash Trap
SB: 1 [WWK] Explore
SB: 1 [ZEN] Greenweaver Druid
SB: 1 [ZEN] Carnage Altar
SB: 1 [ZEN] Explorer's Scope
SB: 1 [ZEN] Mountain (1)
SB: 1 [ZEN] Plains (1)

I often sided in 1 Whiplash Trap and 1 Mysteries of the Deep for the 2 Tempest Owls (or 1 Tempest Owl and 1 Blood Seeker).

Gatekeeper of Malakir was only really good in a couple games against slow people and when I had 3 black sources by T5. Or when I could play him, chump, Dead Reckoning, play him again. But in several games, Iended up winning or losing with him in hand (for a while) with only 2 B mana sources. I probably should play an extra Swamp or 2.

Dead Reckoning and Quicksand ended up being unbelievable - they greatly exceeded my expectations.

I think I finally am valuing removal and aggressive 2 drops higher... that said, I ended up with no Surrakar Marauder or Ruthless Cullblade.
Quote:
From the list, should I draft/construct the deck differently?

Anything in the board you'd put main?
Is there such thing as too much removal? Lol. I hope not. But it disappears so quickly that I pick it up as fast as possible, now.
asamodious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatekeeper is only useful if you can cast it turn 3..

I dunno why you would think you had to get a second color...Mono colored black is great in zzw draft.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1