Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with trial today january 11, 2010

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: problem with trial today january 11, 2010 Reply with quote

Hello, I'm looking for answers to some questions that everyone in judges seemed to avoid. As you can plainly see, my nick is moscowdemon. My friend in real life also plays on his under his nick, jutdogg666. In today's trial, we both signed up, but when pairings were posted, my name did not appear but his did. I know I signed up because I made sure I uploaded my deck for it. He is playing a completely different deck. I checked the main page thinking maybe i also dropped by accident and saw i was paired, but i was paired against his opponent, who happened to be the TC of the trial. I checked and saw that it said jutdogg666 (moscowdemon) vs. el_cuervito (el_cuervito). I am confused as to how this happened when we are across the city from each other and we are signed in under our own names. When i contacted the TC to report the problem, he simply said 'idk' and proceeded to play his match against my friend. I was wondering if someone, anyone, knew how this happened and if this can be fixed in the future and given more thought than an 'idk'. I think it may have to do with the fact that I go over his house and play on here on his computer once in a while. He also had his game nick as moscowdemon because he forgot to change it even though i warned him many times it will confuse people. But nevertheless, please help me, I would appreciate it most if I could speak to the staff on this and maybe work this out. I am not angered by this, but I am thinking if it has happened once, maybe it has happened other times also. So, any ideas anyone?
Synthetic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hop into Judges and ask. Most likely its an I.P. thing.

#judges4you
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help synthetic, but here is the problem, the one judge who is responding does not believe me that I am a different person than jutdogg666. It probably is an IP thing, but the judge won't believe me. I just don't want jutdogg666 getting in trouble because of this, or vice versa. I don't cheat, I play by the rules and want to judge here at some point. So hopefully a staff member will see this and be able to talk to me about it and we can figure it out.
Synthetic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more judges than cuervo. I promise.
This was a good start, I'm sure someone will get back to you with some oomph. (Im oomphless)
Astarael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro tip: Don't use another players computer to play games as yourself.

It makes it difficult to distinguish who is who from an outsiders standpoint. The fact your 'friend' also was still using 'your' nick probably didn't help matters.

So follow these easy steps kids:

1. Keep your IP to yourself, don't let friends play using your connection (casual sure, not league).

2. If you're going to use each others computers make sure to make all changes afterwards to avoid confusion (change back names).

3. Be thankful you're not banned for not multi-accounting (2 accounts, 1 IP).

I'm not saying I don't believe you're different people, you just have to realise they don't know who you are and can only make decisions based on evidence they have.
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also stop touching yourself, it's sick and Jesus does not approve.
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Craze.
magicalmatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me, mountaingoat, and paully11 all got banned multiple times because some people thought we were the same person :/ fail
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy and I have participated in tourneys from the same house before.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1