Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charles Gindy DQ'd from Worlds for fraud

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Charles Gindy DQ'd from Worlds for fraud Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/magicprotour

I don't have the whole story, but it looks like he pulled a Kibler and got caught.

Let's face it, most competitive American players are scumbags. I'm sure he deserved it.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/worlds09/disqualifications

Don't be ignorant SJM, I don't even know where you are from, but I'm sure there are plenty of cheaters. there as well.

Also, Gindy made a mistake that he didn't know had to be mandatory. I feel like it was a well-deserved disqualification under the terms of what Fraud is, but I don't think it was a sly underhanded plot by Gindy, it was clearly his opponent's error, that he was supposed to point out for them.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like hall of SHAME
mchosa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they should of dqed kibler too then
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchosa wrote:
they should of dqed kibler too then

problem is the judges at the table didnt even realise then,and it couldnt be proven that kibler ''knew'' per say,as where this guy sold himself out
Rath

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that both players need to maintain game state, but this is a bit extreme.

I've been given game warnings for not reminding my opponent to pay for future sight "pacts"
bob-dole

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incredibly lame...
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/worlds09/disqualifications

Don't be ignorant SJM, I don't even know where you are from, but I'm sure there are plenty of cheaters. there as well.

I'm from the most corrupt city in North America outside of Mexico.
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh. This is the problem with people. They don't do proper research before throwing somebody under the bus. SJM, you're just some kid that likes trashing people, it's obvious.

" What actually happened was, Gindy attacked with all his 2/2 wolves, leaving back just the 3/3. Only wolves untapped at the time of Master's activation enter the Arena, so the 3/3 was actually the ONLY LEGAL TARGET for the 2 damage from the opponent's dude.
In essence, Gindy was DQed for playing his card correctly but not realizing it."

Also, check out the interview with Todd Anderson here:

http://www.thestarkingtonpost.com/
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedD wrote:
Sigh. This is the problem with people. They don't do proper research before throwing somebody under the bus. SJM, you're just some kid that likes trashing people, it's obvious.

" What actually happened was, Gindy attacked with all his 2/2 wolves, leaving back just the 3/3. Only wolves untapped at the time of Master's activation enter the Arena, so the 3/3 was actually the ONLY LEGAL TARGET for the 2 damage from the opponent's dude.
In essence, Gindy was DQed for playing his card correctly but not realizing it."

Also, check out the interview with Todd Anderson here:

http://www.thestarkingtonpost.com/

that isnt what happened at all. if you even read what happened it has nothing to do with his wolves being tapped or not its the fact that he knew his opponent didnt assign any damage to his wolves when he killed a 2/2
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize that tapped wolves don't do damage, nor do they receive damage.

And yes, that is exactly what happened. That is a direct quote from somebody at the tournament and I have statements from multiple people able to corroborate that story.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure that someone wouldnt get dqued for that if what you are saying is true. it seems more likely what is written in the coverage is true that gindy didnt tell his opponent to assisng the damage
JedD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of interviews and statements from people saying that is EXACTLY what happened.
Aion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ruling is fucking stupid. Magic is a game of skill and if you miss something it's your fault and you lose because of it.

That is how magic is, everyone has seen their opponent make mistakes and very few say anything.

Gindy only even got that ruling because he himself brought it up after the match, which tells you that he didn't think it was unfair or against the rules and I know the majority of players would agree.

This ruling is only going to make magic players less social and afraid to talk about anything that happened in there match because of the chance a judge finds out and you get a dq because of a mistake that your opponent made.
Daffie999

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very stupid ruling. Every positive effect in magic needs to turn into a "may" and every negative needs to turn into "opp. may".

You may gain 1 life when you play a green spell.

Opponent may have you pay 3 mana during your upkeep unless you sacrifice your creature.

Could even keyword it with something.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2