Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GU-B Tempo/Landfall

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: GU-B Tempo/Landfall Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse
7 [M10] Forest (1)
7 [M10] Island (1)
4 [M10] Swamp (1)

// Creatures
3 [ZEN] Rampaging Baloths
3 [ZEN] Ob Nixilis, the Fallen

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Ior Ruin Expedition
4 [ZEN] Khalni Heart Expedition
4 [ZEN] Into the Roil
4 [ZEN] Harrow
4 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
4 [ALA] Agony Warp
4 [M10] Ponder

//Sideboard
3 [M10] Infest (?)
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood (?)
4 [M10] Negate
4 [M10] Duress

Thoughts?

Last edited by kaamos on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thnk Vastwood Maybe to keep my single creature wins from being targeted long enough for landfall effects...
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
8 creature kill spells
6 creatures
no wrath

I dont understand, do you mean because I use few creatures I should maindeck a wrathlike spell such as infest?

Between green/blue/black thats the one...
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heart and harrow arent acceleration?

Maelstrom Pulse and Warp dont kill creatures?

I dont think i'd like using roil to replay a gatekeeper, depends on circumstances, 7 mana to draw a card and make my opponent sacrifice a creature? maybe vs a deck using one creature... how circumstantial...

If I run into jund I expect to overpower it with many beast tokens or by simply pumping ob nixilis for 12 damage outright the turn he comes into play, just one of those two and the opponent needs a big answer.

Now removal vs ob is a problem which needs to be adressed, since they wont be using it on almost anything else, vastwood perhaps...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
kaamos wrote:
Heart and harrow arent acceleration?

no they aren't

heart is awesome yo turn 5 you're getting +2 lands!!!
harrow is +1 land for 3 mana

But together, you have 7-8 lands by turn 4.
kaamos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both cards landfall 2 lands for one card, much like the fetchlands
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't ordinarily to this but I just *have* to...

Vedrfolner, apparantly, your concept of acceleration might just be limited to birds of paradise, llanowar elves, or maybe even just the Moxes. See the top deck lists at the pre-worlds tournaments, and look for the RG landfall ramp, it's top 1 at a 300+ people tourney somewhere.

Heart and Harrow ARE acceleration pieces, but so far the other people are correct, you have very little control pieces, and not much aggro to go by, in other words, too much ramp, too little to do. Your big cards can be controlled/destroyed by many cards most decks put in their main lists (maelstrom pulse, maelstrom pulse, maelstrom pulse, and the occasional path to exile).

That said, good concept! Though I'd prefer to leave out the blue and concentrate on the Black-Green, with more beats, and hopefully more X spells or big spells (just to get the most out of your mana). I'm too lazy to point out other ramp decks, but check out the wizards main site, there's a really REALLY cool 4c ramp out there that maindecks Wargate (!!!), Martial Coup, 1 Mindspring (!) and Mindshatter (!!!!!!).
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did I say that Heart and Harrow are not acceleration?
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last, thank you kugamd.

Building rogue decks so to speak is how i intend to invent new ideas such as th use of spreadind seas as a mana control card mentiond in a recent thread.

Sure, the likelyhood of my ideas going strait into an FNM and being 100% successful is unlikely without some brainstorming with an experienced group on how to maintain the idea while keeping it alive in the format.

I seek to add more tier 1 decks to the format through the invention of ideas, to keep those decks on their toes, to offer people decks that are not only cheeper- but perhaps fun to play, to inspire thoughts- discussions- and ideas, much like art... or strategy >: )
kaamos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just using it as an example, and as for bragging i posted less than a sentence in the original thread
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1