Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me brainstorm a casual extended Gifts-Wrath strategy

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stifle rotated, consider some of the other lists that have been doing well. Check out deckcheck.net for some ideas on what a Gifts deck is looking for. I'd recommend Sakura Tribe-Elder over Noble Heirarch, STE plays better with wrath effects. I would recommend Engineered Explosives, as well.
Tao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explosives is good if you aren't playing counterspells, it will deal with creatures and 3cc or less permanents (Jitte comes to mind, Bitterblossom is being played SB in Dark Depths). As for UWG finishers, Yosei is good. Meloku is powerful and will win games unanswered.

As for Gifts packages, I like Resurrection as a singleton; you can fetch up a fatty package (i.e. Tarmogoyf, Yosei, Meloku, Resurrection). This forces them to bin the Resurrection (paying four mana for a fattie is better than five or six) and Yosei or Meloku depending. Worm Harvest is a decent singleton as well; you WILL use it if you Gifts for it. Basically, you want to play singletons that make your Gifts Ungiven get you more value than the two cards you get in hand, if you catch my drift.

Bear in mind that I am in no way an extended expert or even anything but a noob. I've been reading about it and testing a lot and enjoy it, but I'm still lacking in knowledge about the Extended card pool. I also am not sure a wrath-based control deck does well in Extended at the moment. In the metagame you plan on playing it in, I could see it thriving, though. Good luck!
sirkozi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casual deck with Goyfs, Hierarchs, Wogs and Jittes? Oo
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also run 1 hallowed burial. Since gifts costs 4 you can always drop it the turn after anyway, and it gets rid of marit lage.too Wink
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bant charm a token, it will cease to exist though, so it basically just destroys the token. I like the list, though it could probably use some amount of Bant Charm, it gives you spot removal and permission. I'm not sure about the Ajani Goldmane, though. I think it could easily be an Elspeth, Knight-Errant. You could probably make use of some amount of cheap counterspells, too. I would recommend Condescend, Mana Leak, and/or Remand.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1