Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criticize this pile

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
OldBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I do not really know any of the cards yet but your mana base even if this is irl, is bad. I think you would have been much better off running an 18th land this format offers alot of incentives for running 18 lands even more so in sealed, Im pretty certain this format is going to be an 18 land sealed deck format.

Even as it is 5 lands is too many for 2 spells and 7 sources for 12 spells is to little, you want at least 8 blue sources with this deck, I would have gone 7 islands 7 mountains 1 sejiri refuge 3 plains. You give away alot of free wins by playing manabases like that.
Middleman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think third color splashes are really going to work in ZEN without green as a main color or some ridiculous fetch/life-dual/Khalani Gem combination. So with that in mind:

-1 sejiri refuge
-4 plains

+ 2 Mountain
+ 1 Teetering Peaks
+ 1 Soaring Seacliffs
+ 2 Island

I think you deck can support 2 ETB-tapped lands as good as these 2, particularly if you go up to 18 lands.

As far as creatures go, I'd recommend in blue:

-1 Hedron Crab

Without multiples or Archive Traps he's not maindeckable. Keep in mind for slow match-ups, but you should be trying to win with tempo and evasion not milling 3 cards every 2nd turn.

+ 1 Living Tsuanami

Yes, he land locks you (though with the U+R ETB lands he also has upside), but think of it this way; if he cost 6 mana (your other highest CC) would you play him? I'd certainly play a 4/4 flyer for 6 in Sealed.

In red:

- 1 Goblin Bushwacker

This guy really doesn't do anything most of the time as you don't have the token generators or mass of weenies to make his small pump worthwhile.

+ 1 Bladetusk Boar
If that is a 2nd copy in your board it needs to be main, it's Snapping Drake!
+ 1 Goblin Shortcutter
A much better 2-drop than the Bushwacker. 2 power all the time, maintains relevance even as a late top-deck.
+ 1 Shatterskull Giant
3 toughness is pretty big in ZEN, it's big enough to survive a lot of common removal and combat. And 4 power means that he'll usually trade for both guys if double blocked as well.

Spells:

-1 Lethargy Trap
I think it's important to evaluate the trap cards for their non-trap costs first of. Would you pay 3U for a Fog? I wouldn't.
-2 Journey to Nowhere
I don't think your pool can support this splash and I also don't think it's necessary. You have 3-5 bounce effects (Into the Roil + Whiplash's bounce 2 guys each) and 4 burn spells (Punishing Fire, Inferno Trap, Burst Lightning, Blazing Torch) already, that's sufficient.
- 1 Zektar Shrine Expedition
A Lava Axe that you have to inform your opponent about before hand and that messes with your curve? No thanks.

+ 1 Blazing Torch
Moonglove Extract is still a very good card. And every now and then it makes combat a little tricky for a black opponent as a bonus.

That gives this deck:

Lands:

8 Mountain
1 Teetering Peaks
1 Soaring Seacliffs
8 Island

1cc:
Burst Lightning, Blazing Torch
2cc:
Welkin Tern, 2 x Tempest Owl, Goblin Shortcutter, Plated Geopede, Into the Roil, Punishing Fire
3cc:
Gomazoa, Cancel
4cc:
Windrider Eel, 2 x Bladetusk Boar, Shatterskull Giant, Inferno Trap, Living Tsunami
5cc:
Skyruin Drake, Geyser Glider, 2 x Whiplash Trap
6cc:
Hellkite Charger
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1