Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows Explorer Crash

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Windows Explorer Crash Reply with quote

I haven't found much help on the internet, So i thought I would come and try Magic-League:

My windows explorer crashes every minute that it is on. So i have to bring up task manager and end it's task so i can do anything. Anyone with computer knowledge can see how annoying this can be, having to run all the programs out of task manager.

It all started when i Installed WoW a few weeks ago. Right after the install, it started happening almost immediately. After doing some research on what WoW does to the computer I found this. It writes a few lines of code onto the registry. Could an error in the writing of the code cause something to not load properly, making widows explorer crash?

Things I Have tried
~Uninstalling wow
~using system restore to go back
~booting in safe mode and checking drivers

Any help will be greatly noted for future references
Delicious

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Although not a direct fix, download Mozilla Firefox. It is a far superior to I.E. You can find it here http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html.

Let me guess, you don't know much about computers, do you?

I didn't say windows internet explorer, i said windows explorer. It is the shell windows is places on that let's you navigate through out your computer
Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple. Get rid of WoW for it's the spawn of all evil.
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uninstalling it didn't do anything different to my computer
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1