Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the traps?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Varno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: the traps? Reply with quote

ok so far we've seen about 10 trap cards and a trap tutor, do you think it will be possibly to make a transformational sideboard with 1-2 ofs of certain traps and 3-4 of the trap tutor and still be competitive?
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on the metagame, i guess. i'd rather play more of the trap card itself than pay 1U to go find one then pay for it again, but i could see a deck playing a varied amount of situational trap cards and the tutor to find them, in the same fashion of Mystical Teachings Control, if there turns out to be more good trap cards.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will probably be more viable as the sets roll out
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do u want to side into a trap deck exactly
kfcman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:

not side into a trap deck.

in a slow control deck, side in the utility of traps with the trap tutor against certain decks/matchups.

a trap deck would be awfulz.
Varno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kfcman wrote:
gypsy wrote:

not side into a trap deck.

in a slow control deck, side in the utility of traps with the trap tutor against certain decks/matchups.

a trap deck would be awfulz.

i misworded myself, i just want all the utility traps with the tutors, unless they make some of the traps maindeckable...
Alphadonk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Traps Reply with quote

I'm not expecting there to be that many playable traps I don't imagine that the tutor will be playable in any circumstance. Who really knows though? I imagine there will be at least one useful trap you will find in the meta.
Welran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need tutor only if you want 8 copies of one trap in deck
CrushU
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the problem with the Trap tutor:

You have to reveal the trap card you searched for.

One of the nice things about traps is that your opponent won't know if you have a trap or not, and so stumbles into it.

Then again, revealing that you have a trap in hand now will discourage them from fulfilling the condition. e.g. If your opponent definitely has an Archive Trap, you're less likely to search your deck.
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely consider turning somewhat into a turbo fog deck with the mill in it. Perhaps adding some borderposts to fix your mana and run like 1-2 tezzeret for alternate win con? Seems fine to me and then might allow you to run even some font of mythos.
MetalDuck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else is going to notice the irony with the trap tutor.

I mean... WHAT THE FUCK? Imagine walking into an old cavern, in which you know there is a treasure of great value at the end. You're not expecting traps, so you move right along. Then, from an old boom box with a speaker taped to the wall, a voice bellows out "Watch out for the third tile to the left! Step on it, and some automated crossbows will fire at you!!!"....

How fucking cool would that be?! Indiana Jones movies would have SUCKED.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see how a mill deck can be good when your just cold to all the aggro decks. they just play a river boa and u like die
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mill can race agro. I had a list of mill before zendikar that was racing kithkin consistently but had a poor 5CC matchup so it never went past that.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Mill can race agro. I had a list of mill before zendikar that was racing kithkin consistently but had a poor 5CC matchup so it never went past that.

i highly doubt this
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsy. All it takes to beat a deck like kithkin consistently were cards like cryptic command, sleep, and shriekmaw. It was that simple. I played over 100 games of it and won the majority.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2