Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A t2 deck that can't go there cause its not good =)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
metroman722

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: A t2 deck that can't go there cause its not good =) Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [M10] Dragonskull Summit
9 [ALA] Swamp (1)
7 [ALA] Mountain (3)
4 [M10] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [M10] Magma Phoenix
2 [ALA] Viscera Dragger
4 [CFX] Rotting Rats

// Spells
3 [ALA] Blightning
4 [M10] Duress
4 [M10] Sign in Blood
4 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [ARB] Terminate
3 [M10] Burning Inquiry

ok, its a discard/magma phoenix deck that operates relatively smoothly just needs some help.

Cards:
Magma phoenix once the hands are empty its a great EOT return and then play, removal is tough cause then you get hit for 3 so its not bad.

Sign in blood is good draw and can ping for that last 2

Terminate/lightning bolt/volcanic fallout aggro control simple as that.

Blightning/Duress good discard cards. Blightning is great early and late

Rotting rats/Viscera dagger Unearth is a pretty good ability i think and has been underated except for hellspark elemental. Viscera for draw help, rotting rats can attack and hand control.

Burning inquiry i know has a purpose. And i like it early in this deck. Its good disruption early but its hit or miss.
wiltstorm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rotting rats=really bad i mean really bad
coat3021

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: A t2 deck that can't go there cause its not good =) Reply with quote

metroman722 wrote:
Rotting rats/Viscera dagger Unearth is a pretty good ability i think and has been underated except for hellspark elemental.

So play Hellspark Elemental. We had a deck like this is our gauntlet for nationals, and it's not a bad deck at all. I think you need way more creatures. Consider dropping the Burning Enquiry for Shambling Remains and the Rotting Rats for Hellspark Elementals, and maybe a 3/3 split on Phoenixes and Draggers instead of 4/2, then you can be a bit more aggressive. One Phoenix is usually enough because you can recur them, so 4 is probably too many...
PenguinSlave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look i think u should give urself more credit.being confident about urself helps alot when playing magic though u got to realise ur mistakes.the decks really not that bad.good job
alvaro202

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terramorphic expanse will hinder you more often than it will help you. The turn you play it, you cannot use the mana it would typically be able to produce, so it will mess with your curve. I'm certain that while play testing you have experienced this at least once. Cut it down to nill and use some filter lands to ensure your RB mana production.
SJM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen way worse decks on the type 2 forum.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1