Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MWS Planeswalker Crazy Bug Thing

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: MWS Planeswalker Crazy Bug Thing Reply with quote

ok, so I don't currently have the slightlymagic.com update. I don't have it cause I updated all my sets via text spoilers and in that way I also don't have the planeswalker problem as bad as some of you.

What problem you ask?

Every single time you try adding a planeswalker to your deck, it goes under creatures. And if you have no real creatures, it just doesn't show up at all. Now according to Y, if you have the slightlymagic update, it happens with all planeswalkers. For me it only happens with LRW Planeswalkers, but it's still annoying as hell.
(all my ALA/CFX walkers appear as spells)

I wanna know how to fix this... I assume it's something in the patches and not in the source code itself because of the fact that my ALA/CFX walkers are fine, but I can't figure out what and was wondering if any of you have.

Help would be appreciated.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've tried editing my master base to get them to appear as spell, but with no success.

which text spoiler did you use/do you still have it saved?

it makes sense to me that the difference would be in the way the spoiler was formatted/what each field was called in the spoiler. i've got nothing but ideas though
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember where I got the spoiler, but I do have it saved...
ALA: http://pastebin.com/f1d117c56
CFX: http://pastebin.com/f7d1ff5d8

(Note: yes it might be more convenient using something like Rapidshare for those but I'm lazy.)

I've compared the two different planeswalker types up and down on mws "view record" and I can't find a damn thing thats different.
SuperDelfin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does that as well, but once I save the deck and re-open it they're listed as spells.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
Craze, did you also mention this on the lightlymagic forum? They might find a slight difference that explains the the sudden appearance of the planeswalkers.

Greetz Nico

slightlymagic forum? No, as I said I don't use their masterbase updates.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperDelfin wrote:
Mine does that as well, but once I save the deck and re-open it they're listed as spells.

Thats interesting, how did you get your patches? text spoilers? and if so, where from and do you still have them saved?
SuperDelfin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get mine from slightlymagic
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you can do it, but it takes a little time. You do the following:

- Change your Masterbase to Library Mode;
- Right click on an enchantment card from the same set as the planeswalker (I usually pick Oblivion Ring) and then copy;
- Go to the Complex Card Filter and put only to find a set, preferebly the newest set. Don't choose the set where the enchantment is, is won't work. Paste the card there;
- Now reset the Card Filter (Clear Search/filters) and search for that enchantment. If you have done everything correctly, you should now have a duplicate of the chosen enchantment. Right click on it and Edit Record. Now add the settings of the planeswalker you wish to correct. Then delete the bug planeswalker and save the masterbase. Tada!

Now only try this method if you have enough patience, 'cause whenever you download a new masterbase, everything returns to normal, and you have to do this again for all planeswalkers. Mr. Green
DS_McWerp
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course that can also put your sec code off and cause you to lose games due to a wrong sec code. But hey who cares about THAT Razz.
Avata

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynolf wrote:
I know how you can do it, but it takes a little time. You do the following:

- Change your Masterbase to Library Mode;
- Right click on an enchantment card from the same set as the planeswalker (I usually pick Oblivion Ring) and then copy;
- Go to the Complex Card Filter and put only to find a set, preferebly the newest set. Don't choose the set where the enchantment is, is won't work. Paste the card there;
- Now reset the Card Filter (Clear Search/filters) and search for that enchantment. If you have done everything correctly, you should now have a duplicate of the chosen enchantment. Right click on it and Edit Record. Now add the settings of the planeswalker you wish to correct. Then delete the bug planeswalker and save the masterbase. Tada!

Now only try this method if you have enough patience, 'cause whenever you download a new masterbase, everything returns to normal, and you have to do this again for all planeswalkers. Mr. Green

Does this still result in correct security codes?

Edit: DS beat me to it, looks like.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you submitted the same deck to the site wouldn't the deck code be the same
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so. Besides, I've been doing that since I know the method, and haven't got any problems. Mr. Green
stall_19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it can be annoying but it only appears in deck edit mode. So my solution is to edit however you want in deck edit mode but save the deck in library mode. That way the Planeswalkers will apear when you load the deck file in mwsplay.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1