Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GBW Aggroloam/Terranova

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
jonne3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: GBW Aggroloam/Terranova Reply with quote

This is a deck i haven't seen around on magic-league or MWS at all, whereas it is considered a tier1 deck in Holland.
I'd like to hear your comments about it.

Here's is the list im playing at the moment, though i have tested a lot of different lists so i will also add possible other options.

Lands:
4 Wasteland
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Barren Moor
3 Bayou
1 Scrubland
4 Tranquil Thicket
3 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Polluted Delta
1 Forest
1 Swamp

Creatures
3 Terravore
4 Dark Confidant
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Eternal Witness

Spells
4 Life from the Loam
2 Engineered Explosives
4 Mox Diamond
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Pernicious Deed
2 Extirpate
3 Vindicate

Sideboard
2 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Krosan Grip
3 Duress
3 Tormod's Crypt
4 Gaddock Teeg

Some other versions i've tested: version one had 4 thoughtseize and 4 wild mongrel instead of 3 vindicate, 3 witness and 2 extirpate. Version 2 had 2 umezawa's jitte instead of 1 witness and 1 vindicate. I have not yet decided which is the strongest, but im currently testing the list above.

The sideboard is off course highly meta dependant so this is just an example. This sideboard is built for a metagame in which different kinds of combo decks are expected, which is the worst match-up for the deck, so it has teegs and duress for that reason.

I'd appreciate idea's to strenghten the deck. Please dont start about playing red instead of white, i know thats a really viable option but i simply like this version better and i happen to own this mana base and dont have taiga's and foothills and so on.
jonne3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the testing ive done terravore is one of the last cards i'd cut. It can easily be a 9/9 trample in turn 5 (if your opponent fetches a few times). Doran is a good creature but in this deck terravore simply does more, with trample as a great bonus.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would u play doran are u retarded, thats rly dumb. your list looks interesting i ahvent seen it without red ill give ur list a try
trueeevil

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 engineered explosives seems weird.
jonne3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weird in what way? They have come in handy a lot of times for me!

If you have a comment please give arguments.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explosives is very underrated its so good in legacy
Steveman

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Dark COnfidant for a genesis. I've played this deck it's AMAZING and gesis allows ewitness- vindicate goodness
jonne3

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats an interesting option. Though i dont think it would be viable in this version, without wild mongrel, since the only way to get it in the graveyard would be to dredge.
If i change back to a version with mongrels ill seriously consider genesis.

Although cutting a confidant isnt something i would do easily, they're game winners!
jonne3

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more ideas??
gumonshoe

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i would do is change the jittes in the side for swords its completly opiion because the extra mana hurts but i think the card advantage is worth it
jonne3

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose u mean sword of fire and ice? I dont really see the point in that. Against what match-ups would u side them in?
gumonshoe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for my last comment it was made without testing
i have just started playing the green white versions with geddons andmongrels and i think the deck is absolutly awsome
jonne3

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version with armageddon and mongrel is an earlier version of this deck. It was called terrageddon back then. Later the deck was improved to something more similar to my list and called terranova.
Mongel is still good in the new version but geddon doesnt fit into my list.
pollo_record

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: GBW Aggroloam/Terranova Reply with quote

jonne3 wrote:
This is a deck i haven't seen around on magic-league or MWS at all, whereas it is considered a tier1 deck in Holland.
I'd like to hear your comments about it.

Here's is the list im playing at the moment, though i have tested a lot of different lists so i will also add possible other options.

Lands:
4 Wasteland
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Barren Moor
3 Bayou
1 Scrubland
4 Tranquil Thicket
3 Savannah
4 Windswept Heath
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Polluted Delta
1 Forest
1 Swamp

Creatures
3 Terravore
4 Dark Confidant
4 Tarmogoyf
3 Eternal Witness

Spells
4 Life from the Loam
2 Engineered Explosives
4 Mox Diamond
4 Swords to Plowshares
2 Pernicious Deed
2 Extirpate
3 Vindicate

Sideboard
2 Umezawa's Jitte
3 Krosan Grip
3 Duress
3 Tormod's Crypt
4 Gaddock Teeg

Some other versions i've tested: version one had 4 thoughtseize and 4 wild mongrel instead of 3 vindicate, 3 witness and 2 extirpate. Version 2 had 2 umezawa's jitte instead of 1 witness and 1 vindicate. I have not yet decided which is the strongest, but im currently testing the list above.

The sideboard is off course highly meta dependant so this is just an example. This sideboard is built for a metagame in which different kinds of combo decks are expected, which is the worst match-up for the deck, so it has teegs and duress for that reason.

I'd appreciate idea's to strenghten the deck. Please dont start about playing red instead of white, i know thats a really viable option but i simply like this version better and i happen to own this mana base and dont have taiga's and foothills and so on.

hi, im like this version but did u think in the new creature of conflux . knight of...

and why dont play ravens crime??
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2