Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tourney Bot

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
EQ_killa

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Tourney Bot Reply with quote

Would it be possible to implement some kind of tournament bot. A program or something that would host a tournament of each major format every few hours so people don't have to wait for judges to host them? And if any problems or disputes come up during a tournament, any judge that is on could handle it.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has mental issues?

I like the idea EQ_killa, seems like a good addition.
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be so many problems with rules question and match results, so that this wouldnt worth it cause it would lead to a flood of "mimimi, Mother that bad Guy ..... " Threads in the forums.

edit: @X_Jonas: Be at least a little creative with your names if u have to troll this forum, or get a wow Account cause in this forum u wouldnt be so allone.
EddDydoo

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a great idea!!!! there is barely any minis on here this place is slowly dying. if there was a mini open all time more people would come in play here.
Craze

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with this is the same as the problem with letting random players run minis without taking the judge test. And thats that there would be no one to deal with rules questions.

No, the solution to getting more minis remains the same as it always was. Study, take, and pass the judge test and run them yourself.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bot idea is an interesting one, but it definitely will not work. The current setup is still the best. However, you players must realize that A) Judges are just like you but have passed the judge test, we have normal lives outside ML and our job is not to sit here and run minis for you all day. Plus the fact that in order to run a mini, we have to devote 2-3 hours to doing so. In this time we can’t stray far from our computers in case there is a problem or ruling that has to be made. B) No matter how many minis we run there is always someone there to complain about how there are never any minis or there are never any minis of this specific type. I opened five minis at once one time and once they were open the first comment I saw was "Aw no Legacy mini” Players might actually thank Judges (I know some do) instead of complaining about every little thing that doesn’t go their way. If you guys did this, maybe more judges would be more inclined to host minis more frequently. And finally, C) Half of the time people don't bother to REPORT THEIR MATCH! Even if you lose you still have to report otherwise the TC CAN NOT pair the next round before they talk to you. SO by you not reporting all you do is slow down the tournament and cause the TC to come and find you, pm you, wait for your response, and then confirm the round. I know it doesn’t sound like much and that I am just being lazy but if you are running multiple minis like you players want us to do, it gets very confusing and tiresome, not to mention time consuming. This is just another reason some TC are disinclined to run minis at the moment. I know 99% of you players will look at this and say W/E and not care, but to that 1% that takes this to hear, next time someone opens a mini say "Thank You"
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushviper's small wall of text crits for alot.

Anyway, what he says is true. If you study for the judge test for like two hours, you'll probably be able to become a judge. It's very convenient to be able to host minis whenever you want to.

And please do report your games, even though I know it can be easy to forget!
MistyFatDog

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE REPORT MATCHES, again it is the thing that annoys me the most about hosting minis, but again the key reason why the bot wouldnt work is that we have minis by judges when judges are around so there is atleast always 1 person able to handle rules/issues that arise
EQ_killa

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think no one on to answer rules question would be an issue since there are always judges on, but I see your point. I wasn't complaining about not enouph minis or anything(I have no room to complain since I'm not a judge and don't have the time to be one), I was just wondering why this hasn't been done.

ps, Thanks to all the judges who do run the minis
Y2Sky

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MistyFatDog wrote:
PLEASE REPORT MATCHES, again it is the thing that annoys me the most about hosting minis, but again the key reason why the bot wouldnt work is that we have minis by judges when judges are around so there is atleast always 1 person able to handle rules/issues that arise

In that instance, the bot auto-drops anyone that hasn't reported after 5 minutes past time being called.

Biggest issue would be rulings or disputes.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would be arduous and time consuming but you could always make a rules bot. Just an idea..
Haro
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzer2k7 wrote:
I know it would be arduous and time consuming but you could always make a rules bot. Just an idea..

We have one already.. it is called random ruling scripts, everything from random cautions to random DQs + ban.
AnnulVapore

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this worked with no problems in o-g@ming back in the day

edit: why the hell is o-g censored?

Last edited by AnnulVapore on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ludz
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2Sky wrote:
MistyFatDog wrote:

In that instance, the bot auto-drops anyone that hasn't reported after 5 minutes past time being called.

Biggest issue would be rulings or disputes.

The big problem would be if a player would report a win even though he lost. Without real judges, there would be no way to prove a win.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1