Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which is the right pick?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
P_P4E

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my questions would be...

1. how much is it worth? I think a good rule of thumb is if a card is worth as much or more than a pack, it's an auto-pick (not including final tables of big tournaments, obviously)

2. You say you were playing Jund, so I think it would depend on what type of stuff you have to fix your mana base. If you picked up a white/x borderpost earlier, then maybe...

3. Are your dudes 5/x for the most part? If you have a good number of them, this guy is super-stall card while you get to your powerful Jund stuff, And I hear 4 mana 5/4's are good in general as well.

Overall, I think If it isn't worth as much as a pack, it would be better to go with Terminate. Its a perfect removal spell and well...it kills the guy you're thinking of taking. I take that into consideration in a pinch as well.
LordLink

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You take the Shephard because its worth money.

Having said that though if you're rare-drafting at the end or at a GP or something then Terminate is the easy pick. Shephard is nasty on the manabase, fat creatures are easy to come by (gorger wurm) and Triple Reborn is an insanely fast format dominated by 2-drops.
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terminate.

g/w is bad in triple. you have like 0 removal and the only dudes that are better then other shards are the rares
dv8r

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terminate, but not because GW is bad, and certainly not because it has no removal

as lord link says, the format is dominated by nasty 2 drops, and RBG is arguable the best colour combination in the format, and has the most nasty of all the available options (putrid leach), also GRB has the most bombs at uncommon which means you want to establish yourself in the colour asap
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1