Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Esperzoa?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Esperzoa? Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [ALA] Crumbling Necropolis
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
1 [CNF] Rupture Spire
4 [ALA] Swamp (1)
5 [ALA] Island (4)
4 [ALA] Plains (4)
3 [ALA] Esper Panorama

// Creatures
4 [CNF] Sphinx Summoner
4 [ALA] Etherium Sculptor
1 [CNF] Parasitic Strix
4 [CNF] Esperzoa
1 [ALA] Metallurgeon

// Spells
4 [ALA] Infest
4 [ALA] Executioner's Capsule
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
2 [ALA] Tezzeret the Seeker
3 [CNF] Path to Exile
3 [CNF] Absorb Vis
1 [ALA] Sigil of Distinction
1 [CNF] Kaleidostone

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [CNF] Path to Exile
SB: 4 [CNF] Countersquall
SB: 3 [ALA] Hindering Light
SB: 4 [ALA] Agony Warp
SB: 3 [ALA] Metallurgeon

Basically this deck is trying to utilize Esperzoa and ignore its drawback. The Sphinx Summoners are really awesome for 4 mana with a sculptor, and they can grab your silver bullets like sigil and kaleidostone OR metallurgeon edit: parasitic strix, as well as the esperzoa itself. Replaying a 3/3 flier for 4 mana that gets you a card out of your deck turn after turn isnt so bad.

I'm thinking about maindecking Hindering Light and/or Sanctum Gargoyle and/or Countersquall to protect the "combo" ... Esperzoa only needs to hit 5 times, and with a sigil, probably only 3 times. The rest is anti-aggro... I feel as though I should potentially drop the absorb vis for some counterspells maindeck.

Also, I really need to fit in Oblivion Ring. The answer could be -3 Absorb Vis +3 Oblivion Ring -- as of right now I'm changing it to that.
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:
bad. sorry. just play elfball.

<3 noobmellow

you make nonsense posts asking someone to make you a deck with "master transmuter and ethersworn canonist control," dont even make an attempt at a deck, and then flame mine with reference to something someone else made.
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobmellow wrote:
bad. sorry. just play elfball.

Quit breathing. Thanks.
boeda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget that Sphinx Summoners can only fetch artifact creature cards, so no sigils or warhammers =(
alsorhombus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boeda wrote:
Dont forget that Sphinx Summoners can only fetch artifact creature cards, so no sigils or warhammers =(

You know... The mws patch I have indicates its any artifact. This would be awesome. Thanks for bringing that up.

Also, this is in block, so no warhammers ever? Thats why theres 1x sigil. Its a block deck.
toguppy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well those 2/1 artifact dudes that prevent all combat damage to artifact creatures seems a combo with esperzoa....

=-=-=-=-COMBO-=-=-=-=

I would perhaps consider splashing red for that (incase you hadnt guessed Im having trouble with names atm) 5 cc threaten with sac attached and/or a combination of those with cascading 4 damage of goodness spell.

the good thing about this would be that if u were to play triplets, you could search for it and use it quite well. and/or an akroma.

I think your right regarding the absorb Vis... really too slow.

all in all I would consider adding some 3 cost artifact mana makers, and also 1 ofs for new akroma, cenn triplets and 2/1 prevent all dmg for artifact guys.
adding either bituminous blast or the uncommon 5 cc threaten for additional removal. I would consider the threaten as there is an abundance of 5 toughness creatures in the format at 5 mana.
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any idea what you're talking about boeda, but it can search up any artifact card, not just artifact creatures. Look it up on mws, coolstuffinc, anywhere and you'll see that.

My opinion is that if you're going to run four Esperzoa's, then you probably want to run 4 Kaleidostone, instead of one. If you don't want to run that many, I would say at least three because that is pretty much ALWAYS the artifact that you want to return with Esperzoa, and you get to draw a fr eecard every turn for 2 or even free with Etherium Sculptor. I would say cut the Parasitic Strix, Absorb Bis, and put Infest sb. Master of Etherium would be a good idea too.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't have any idea what you're talking about boeda, but it can search up any artifact card, not just artifact creatures. Look it up on mws, coolstuffinc, anywhere and you'll see that.

take it you've never seen one in real life?
asamodious

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sales.starcitygames.com//carddisplay.php?product=55145
RavensEffect

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I haven't seen one in real life, but even if I had one to show him, it would obv. be easier to find it on a search engine ala coolstuffinc, which was the point lol.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1