Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aphetto Alchemist

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bushviper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use himself to untap.......himself. (hope that made sense) Anyways, the card says untap target artifact or creature, not untap target tapped artifact or creature. Because of this you can target any creature wether tapped or untapped and if it is tapped the creature will untap, if the creature is untapped it does nothing. Now that we have established that you can target the alchemist, this is why it works. Tapping is the cost of the ability and thus by the time the ability resolves the alchemist will be tapped and will then untap. This also works with Fatestichtcher the same way. Thats why people in ext have tested the fatesticher, mesmiric orb combo in dredge.
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GnikXela wrote:
Actually, if you read the card it says "Untap target artifact or creature." It doesn't say anything about the artifact or creature needing to be already tapped, therefore you could target itself, or another already untapped creature. I had a similar problem a few years ago at GP Philly. I was playing 10 land stompy and had quirion ranger in the deck. I wasn't running anything that needed untapped, just needed the return land part. The judges there told me that I could use the ability on an already untapped creature, getting me my extra land I needed.

if you read viper's post, he says that it doesn't say to untap target tapped blah blah.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im guessing as his was a semi-long post Gink prob. was writting his post while I finished posting mine and never saw my post before submitting his.
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake Thrasher, Judge of Currents, Aphetto Alchemist, Seeker of Skybreak, Imagecrafter, Unnatural Selection.

Since Wake Thrasher triggers on any permanent you control untapping you don't even need to make the Seeker or Alchemist a Merfolk, just keep on untapping itself and the Wake Thrasher will get bigger every time.

But yes, Unnatural Selection and Seeker of Skybreak work just as well.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1