Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Standard on a budget

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
BrightCab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Standard on a budget Reply with quote

What's a good way to go for a relatively inexpensive deck that has a good shot in standard? I have some cards I'm willing to trade towards it (4 umezawa's jitte, noble hierarch, thornling, garruk, few others) I was thinking maybe going 5cc, as the main investment would just be the manabase, but was wondering if anyone here could give any ideas. Thanks a lot.
Brodie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Cheapest is elfball, but it's nowhere near Tier1.

Kithkin is really cheap if you just get past figure and goldmane. (I like ajani better than elspeth.) Stillmoons in the board aren't a necessity, but are a pricey help.

Rb Blightning aggro is probably next, but if you get Demigods and Bitterblossoms and obviously Thoughtseize, then yeah, pricey too.
JKilla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best deck in the format right now is jund ramp, the lands are expensive and u already have the garruks so i would suggest investing in that, or mono red thats good too and very cheap. I dont think 5cc is that good anymore so i would not waste money on starting to build it right now.
BrightCab

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the kithkin list that just got 4th by Ethren would be a good one to build? I could probably obtain the rares for that pretty easily.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about Bant Aggro? It is very good and other then the mana it need very few rares.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kithkin list looks pretty solid.
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say about the cheapest thing you can do that would be remotely good is Kithkin WW.
kazet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
Have you thought about Bant Aggro? It is very good and other then the mana it need very few rares.

I would disagree with you there. Most, if not all, bant decks will run cryptic's, and those will set you back. Rafiqs are a bit expensive as well, though he does already have a hierarch, so that helps out.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Cryptic Command makes the deck. You can run other counters in place until you get the CC. The main card for that deck is Rafiq anyway. CC is just a perfect support card for the deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1