Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If no cards were restricted...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks
Flames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: If no cards were restricted... Reply with quote

Hi, my friends and I are making a deck for shiggles that have no restrictions. Meaning if no cards were restricted in Type 1, what would a decklist look like? This is assuming that no counters are allowed, and no banned cards (Chaos Orb, ante cards) are allowed either.

My first thought was to build an Academy deck, sans restrictions, so can somebody help me generate a decklist? Yes, and I realize this is kind of pointless as games would be impossible and whoever played first won, but I still would like to know a decklist that basically wins on turn 1 every game.

Also here's a preliminary decklist:

4 Black Lotus
4 Mox Jet
4 Mox Sapphire
4 Timetwister
4 Time Walk
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Mana Crypt
4 Mana Vault
4 Sol Ring
1 Tendrils of Agony
4 Mystical Tutor
4 City of Brass
4 Brainstorm
4 Hurkyl's Recall
4 Stroke of Genius
4 Tolarian Academy

Last edited by Flames on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushviper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4x Black Lotus
4x Mox Ruby
4x Mox Saphire
4x Mox Emerald
4x Mox Pearl
4x Mox Jet
4x Mind's Desire
4x Add Nauseum
4x Demonic Tutor
4x Mana Crypt
4x Mana Vault
2x Tendrals of Agony
4x Ancestral Recall
4x Retract
4x Sol Ring
2x Mana Morphose

Cant see how this deck wouldnt win turn one every game unless realllllly bad luck.

Last edited by Bushviper on Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
trueeevil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deck like tendrils or flash.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is assuming that no counters are allowed

I mean let's allow 4x all broken stuff but all counters are banned not just force of will and stuff but also poor little cancel!
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure you should include 4x contract from below...

also: 4x gemstone caverns 4x stifle
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 x Black Lotus
20 x Ancestral Recall
20 x Tendrils
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois: I think he meant with 4x max still Razz
DarkSabre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I would run if this was the format.

4 Polluted Delta
3 UnderGround Sea
1 Swamp
2 BloodStained Mires

4 Mox Jet
4 mOX sAPHIRE
4 Black Lotus
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Demonic Tutor
3 Chain of Vapor
2 Tendrils of Agony
2 Yawgomoth's Will
3 Thoughtsieze
3 Cabal Ritual
4 Dark Ritual
3 Duress
2 Yawgmoth's Bargain
3 Timetwister
4 Force of Will
3 Misdirection

This deck is able to go off turn 1 with many insane plays, but is able to defend it's self against other fast decks, and it is meta'd (funny, in this format) to be able to take advantage of the 4 recalls your opponents plays with 3 misdirections, that may be pumped to 4.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how people are trying to play lands when in this format they would clearly not be needed.
DarkSabre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when your opponent goes 1st and drops a chalice of the void for 0, or plays a something like a variant of 12sphere (8 spheres + 4 trinisphere), maybe you should pull your thumb out of your ass, and stop playing in a world of pretend where your opponent does nothing to disrupt you.
Bushviper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSabre wrote:
What happens when your opponent goes 1st and drops a chalice of the void for 0, or plays a something like a variant of 12sphere (8 spheres + 4 trinisphere), maybe you should pull your thumb out of your ass, and stop playing in a world of pretend where your opponent does nothing to disrupt you.

LOL, if you win turn one then you dont have to worry about that. If they go first and play that crap instead of just winning well that sucks for them. Dont assume everyone is an idiot before you look in the mirror.
DarkSabre

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically it is a pretend format, but in almost all formats, you still have to account for the weapons that your opponents will bring to the table, otherwise you should go play a game like go fish.

I was just making a point of someone calling me an idiot for playing lands when there was a reason behind my deck idea. The deck has a strong potential for going broke 1st turn, but it also takes into account that there is an opponent involved in the game aswell, and counters there deck with counter magic and discard and bounce. REmember, you only need to storm for 10 to win, not 20 or 30 or 50
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can run stax with 4 B leyline,4 U leyline,4 caverns,4 stifle,4 misdirection and 4 fow
ur win con would be tinker into platinum

we had some unrestricted vintage minis,they're fun :>
Bushviper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear reading is good, but I case you are too lazy to read all the way through the initial post Ill highlight the main part for you:

Hi, my friends and I are making a deck for shiggles that have no restrictions. Meaning if no cards were restricted in Type 1, what would a decklist look like? This is assuming that no counters are allowed, and no banned cards (Chaos Orb, ante cards) are allowed either.

The point of all of this is that you dont need to play anything that doesn't win you the game turn one because if you dont win turn one, your opponent will.
Lenin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would turn magic into yugioh.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2