Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B-G Warriors

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
just2fierce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: B-G Warriors Reply with quote

creature [23]
4 Bramblewood Paragon
3 Chameleon Colossus
4 Civic Wayfinder
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
instant [5]
2 Eyeblight's Ending
3 Nameless Inversion
sorcery [6]
2 Profane Command
4 Thoughtseize
artifact [2]
2 Obsidian Battle-Axe
planeswalker [2]
2 Garruk Wildspeaker
land [22]
6 Forest
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Swamp
4 Treetop Village
60 cards

Sideboard: 15
3 Cloudthresher
2 Profane Command
3 Mind Shatter
3 Hunting Triad
1 Nameless Inversion
3 Gutteral Response

Feel free to rip it apart, I haven't played in a while so I am playing the deck I am most familiar with.........I want a 3rd battle-axe in the main and we've been testing a 4th mind shatter as well but I can't seem to find the room.......states is around the corner and I want to improve on the 10th place finish last year!!

Phillip
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BG Warriors was never a really good deck before rotation, in block, and it won't be after rotation either. BG Rock or BG Elves is better - those small changes makes all the difference.
dv8r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I disagree with you on your conclusion but "deck x has never been good and thus isn't good now" is simply poor and faulty logic
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deck is very good against kithkin and most aggro decks, but it still has the flaws that other aggro decks have:relying on creatures. Becuase of that flaw, the faerie and 5cc build will usually be able to beat GB simply by waiting for the correct time to wrath/ cryptic/ firespout/ infest/ ShMw/ even a mirror eyeblights ending. But if your meta is heavily aggro i would risk it becuase of the serious advantages over other agg. builds such as ww, kith and even to some extent RDW
just2fierce

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After testing Saturday and yesterday the deck is insanely good against the other aggro decks.....Played vs Kithkin, regular Elves and RDW and combined record pre-board was 12-3....losing 1 game to each(the elf deck ran terror instead of eyeblight's/nameless) I played a few games vs fae and 5c control with sideboard and ended up 50/50 at 5-5......mind shatter and thoughtseize backed up with gutteral were keys in wins so the deck has changed slightly as follows....

creature [23]
4 Bramblewood Paragon
3 Chameleon Colossus
4 Civic Wayfinder
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
instant [4]
4 Terror
sorcery [6]
2 Mind Shatter
4 Thoughtseize
artifact [3]
3 Obsidian Battle-Axe
planeswalker [2]
2 Garruk Wildspeaker
land [22]
6 Forest
4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Swamp
4 Treetop Village
60 cards

Sideboard: 15
3 Cloudthresher
4 Profane Command
2 Mind Shatter
4 Gutteral Response
2 Liliana Vess

Playtesting some more tonight against 5c and Merfolk will post updates tommorrow........

Phillip
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1