Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shrimp on the barby

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
asdfDXKnight

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Shrimp on the barby Reply with quote

I really need help with this deck, I think I've tuned it as much as I can by myself and would really like some input

Main Core pieces
4xRuned Halo (usually want to call manabarbs or spitefulvisions)
4xManabarbs
3xSpitefulvisions

4xOblivion Ring
4xWrath of God
2xFuedkillers Verdict
2xAusture Command
4xKitchen Finks
3xAjani Goldmane
3xPurity (works nicely with manabarbs and spitefulvisions i think)
3xBrian Stoutarm

Land base needs definite work I think, I was never good at manabases

4xBattlefield Forge
4xRugged Praries
4xAncient Amphetheaters
4xForbidding Watchtowers
3xMountains
5xPlains

Sideboard also another place I need work much help on
1xPurity
2xAusture Command
4xGuttural Responses
4xUnmake
4xStory Circles

I've used howling mines as well before but I think they just give your opponent too much card advantage against this deck even though it usually helped smoothed out your draws. Any suggestions would be very welcome as I'm all out of ideas really to go further with this deck.

Last edited by asdfDXKnight on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ajani, Brion and Purify are really necessary. If you want alternative win conditions to Manabarbs and Spiteful Visions, run some real ones instead - like for instance Disintegrate (or any form of burn) or Battlegrace Angel. You don't need to destroy your own enchantments. Run instant creature kill instead. Without it you would need all your Runed Halos quickly.

The greatest problem with your deck is that you can't play manabarbs before you have a Runed Halo naming it in play, and Runed Halo is the only 2cc (or less) card in your deck. By turn 4 Kithkin and RDW have dealt way too much damage for you to play manabarbs (or spiteful visions)... that would kill you. The only spell you could possibly play turn 4 vs aggro is Wrath of God. You need at least two every game, but even that is not enough.

You need Condemn and Lash Out/Magma Spray in there.
Shyft-
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Lol? Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
I don't think Ajani, Brion and Purify are really necessary. If you want alternative win conditions to Manabarbs and Spiteful Visions, run some real ones instead - like for instance Disintegrate (or any form of burn) or Battlegrace Angel. You don't need to destroy your own enchantments. Run instant creature kill instead. Without it you would need all your Runed Halos quickly.

The greatest problem with your deck is that you can't play manabarbs before you have a Runed Halo naming it in play, and Runed Halo is the only 2cc (or less) card in your deck. By turn 4 Kithkin and RDW have dealt way too much damage for you to play manabarbs (or spiteful visions)... that would kill you. The only spell you could possibly play turn 4 vs aggro is Wrath of God. You need at least two every game, but even that is not enough.

You need Condemn and Lash Out/Magma Spray in there.

Lol he said Purity, not Purify. Purity does actually combo nicely with Barbs and Visions lol. This deck idea could actually be a lot worse. I agree that Ajani Goldmane is entirely out of place in the deck. It needs more cheap drops to try and take advantage of Visions and Barbs, and not playing Mind Stone is simply ridiculous. I agree that mana base is, well, iffy at best.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hihi I wrote that post way too late in the night, I think. That t DID look like a f in my sore eyes. Yes Purity makes more sense. In any case he really needs early instant creature kill in there.
Takatok

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try fitting in idyllic tutors (W2 - search your deck for an enchantment). Seems like a must of card to search for you combo pieces. You can even slot out some of them since you do have search.

You could also try mindstones for mana accelerations and an extra card draw later. Manamorphose is good if to smooth out the draw and it might come in handy getting double/triple white sometimes (Though mainly just helps your deck run smoother and get deeper in).

I really dislike O-ring in this format for Come into play effects. Its still good vs enchantments a planeswalkers so should be 3 in SB with 1 to tutor for. Condemn will help you live early game and kill man lands.

So...

-3 stoutarms
-3 ajani (You have no way to protect this guy.. he's basically WW2 - gain 5 life in your deck)
-2 fuedkillers
-1 halo
-1 forbidding watchtower
-3 Oblivion Ring (to the SB)

+ 2 idyllic tuors
+ 4 mindstone
+ 4 manamorphose
+ 3 condemn

SB ideas:
--------
4 story circle (mono colored decks, esp red)
4 disempower/wispmare (vs bitter blossom)
3 Oblivion Rings
4 meta game slots (pithing needle, unmake, etc)
asdfDXKnight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you so much for the replies, really helped me make the deck more manageable. Deck has been more smoother just overall. The games I usually lose are very close and the people I play against seem to not think its a total pile and usually want to help me tune it lol

current decklist which has been much more successful

3xManabarbs
3xRuned Halo
3xPurity
4xKitchen Finks
4xMindstone
3xCondemn
4xIdyllic Tutor
1xStory Circle
1xOblivion Ring
4xWrath of God
2xIncenderary Commands (So far been my favorite :>)
2xPlatinum Angel (Still debating this one)
2xFeudkillers Verdict

4xRugged Prairies
4xReflecting Pools
3xForbiding Watchtowers
3xGhitu Encampments
1xBattlefield Forge
5xPlains
1xMountain
3xAncient Amphitheater

I really like idyllic tutor, makes me able to cut down the runed halos and mana barbs while adding some more potency in story circle and oblivion ring. Had 1 spiteful visions but I never usually was able to play it or wanted it. Maybe Mobilization?

Think Condemn could be another burn spell like lash out, incinerate or puncture blast, but its just too good against so many annoying threats.
Tink903

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mobilization would give you an amazing win condition for this type of deck Smile its a def one or two of
Bigshow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what aboot the boros ajani?
asdfDXKnight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to try the red/white ajani, cause actually I've seen how you use it in now in some games that it owned me. Would be faster than incendiary command and pretty much serve the same function.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-1Platinum Angel
-1Idyllic Tutor
-1Ancient Amphitheater

+3 Firespout
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Madstrike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats "fuedkillers verdict"? I dont have that card in my database...
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platinum Angel isn't that good anymore. Almost every deck in existence are able to deal with it maindeck, so you can't really let the opponent bring you below 1 life. Since you aim to play a long attrition war, slowly picking at their life, I think that a big lategame finisher would be far more useful. That is why I suggested Disintegrate in that slot.

Edit: Disintegrate is rotated I find, use Blaze then.
asdfDXKnight

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madstrike wrote:

Fuedkillers Verdict 4WW giant sorcery
Gain 10 life, if your life total is higher than an opponent put a 5/5 giant token into play.

Its also useful cause i can bring ancient amphitheaters into play untapped, but so far having 9 come into play tapped lands hasn't hurt me much and I think you're right, blaze would be good or incendiary command again as platinum angel is too easily killed.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asdfDXKnight wrote:
Madstrike wrote:

Fuedkillers Verdict 4WW giant sorcery
Gain 10 life, if your life total is higher than an opponent put a 5/5 giant token into play.

Its also useful cause i can bring ancient amphitheaters into play untapped, but so far having 9 come into play tapped lands hasn't hurt me much and I think you're right, blaze would be good or incendiary command again as platinum angel is too easily killed.

I think his point was that it is spelled Feudkiller's Verdict.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1