Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get new master.mswbase to work

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
wickety6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Can't get new master.mswbase to work Reply with quote

Okay, I'm just starting out with Magic Workstation. I installed it fine, it works. Then I downloaded new masterbase from slightlymagic and replaced old one, as well as the old Sets.dat
But still no Alara cards. I have no idea why not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in MWS, goto Open Library, then browse for the masterbase.mwBase file from slightlymagic.

I hope this helps
wickety6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why i hate computers. I copied the new master.mwsbase with alara into mws folder. but open mws and no alara cards. so i extract new masterbase to a different folder and load from there, ALA is there! I can take the exact same file master.mwsbase and if i move to a random file on my computer and load it from there on mws i can see ALA cards. But if the file is in the mws folder where its supposed to be, no ALA cards. WTF!!

and even having the master.mwsbase file in a random file and loading it from there, when i build a deck with ALA cards and try to play with it, i'm told to load another deck, cards are not in base. again wtf! I can see the cards, i build the deck with them, but there not in base?

any help is appreciated. Thanks.
wickety6

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, finally just turned off user account controls, and everything seems to be working. Although the decks i had previously built have mysteriously disappeared. Stupid effin Vista.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1