Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stack Questions

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Stack Questions Reply with quote

1. I have an Elvish Skysweeper 1/1 in play (4G + sac a creature: destroy creature with flying). I pay 5G and sac a saproling, to destroy oppopnent's flying creature:

a) In response he casts last gasp (-3/-3) targetting Elvish Skysweeper does the ability still resolve so both Elvish Skysweeper and opponent's creature die? Or does it check to see that Elvish Skysweeper died and so opponent's flying creature lives?

b) Instead of (a) he targets saproling with last gasp. Can I respond and sacrifice a different saproling?

c) Same as (b) except now I only have Elvish Skysweeper and Saproling. Must I sacrifice the Skysweeper as I declared ability and it is only valid target left? Or may I elect to let the ability fail and if so do I take 5 mana burn?

Thanks. Learning the stack but it does get confusing. Smile
snoopster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) The ability still resolves. The Skysweeper, saproling, and flyer all die.

b) He can't target the saproling. Sacrificing it is part of the cost of the Skysweeper's ability; by the time the ability goes on the stack, the saproling is dead, and thus untargetable.

c) He can't target something that is sacrificed as part of the cost, so this can never happen.

Cool
Bande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! Razz
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the easiest way to learn how the stack works in my opinion is to get an account and a starter deck on Magic Online. You may want to look into that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1