Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gb post rotation help please

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Tapater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Gb post rotation help please Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [LRW] Gilt-Leaf Palace
3 [MOR] Mutavault
4 [UNH] Swamp
4 [FNM] Treetop Village
4 [EVE] Twilight Mire
6 [UNH] Forest

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 [MOR] Chameleon Colossus
4 [RAV] Civic Wayfinder
4 [A] Llanowar Elves
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
2 [LRW] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [LRW] Cloudthresher

// Spells
4 [LRW] Nameless Inversion
4 [LRW] Profane Command
3 [LRW] Eyeblight's Ending

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [LRW] Primal Command
SB: 2 [SHM] Oversoul of Dusk
SB: 3 [SHM] Faerie Macabre
SB: 4 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 3 [10E] Hypnotic Specter

It just isnt working Sad Some help please.
jalbert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the deck will be able to run at the same pace with the lack of tarmogoyf. It might be worth considering cutting down some number of wayfinders for maybe an extra thresher or garruk. I also anticipate a lot of 5 color control decks because of charms, cruel ultimatum, and empyrial angel, so I think that maindeck thoughtseize could be very good. Also, I think that terror is a lot more efficient than nameless and you probably want llanowar wastes in your manabase.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terror does not deal with black and artifact creatures, and both will be played extensively in new Standard. While Nameless Inversion makes no sense in a sideboard, Terror does. So Nameless Inversion in main, Terror in side may be a better solution than Terror main, no Nameless side.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Er Reply with quote

Er.. don't you just play shriekmaw if you're gonna play terror..?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instant speed may be significant. Depends on how mana-intensive the deck is, as well as if the opponent tries to enchant, equip or pump their creatures - or if they have counters in their deck.

A deck should always have instants in them. You must use the stack, or control will have an easy time dealing with whatever you do.
Tapater

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think the deck will be relevant in new standard regardless. It loses to rdw like 60% even with finks main, colossus just gets javelined away every time. Also a pretty bad matchup with revielark and 5 color and just about every 3 color deck I have come across(which is ALOT). I just tryed to rebuild the same deck without tarmogoyf and I dont think its gonna work like that. Im dropping this deck till someone better then me can come up with a good list for new standard.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1