Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tarmogoyf Bet

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Tarmo?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
No
86%
 86%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 52

OITDamion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Tarmogoyf Bet Reply with quote

Me and a guy i work with have a bet going about Tarmogoyf. He thinks that Tarmogoyf will be reprinted in 11th and i don't think it will. What do you guys think?

PS: i'm not asking do you want it, just do you think
snoopster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited post is edited

Last edited by snoopster on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Verystrait42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, it is going to be a mythic rare in shards of alara block.
_Chris_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightscare wrote:
actually, it is going to be a mythic rare in shards of alara block.

Wtf! lol This card should be reprinted actually it fits in everything and i'm surprised it never got up to $75 for one...Stupid as that seems
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd vote yes to reprinted and no to 11th. the card is way too complex for core set. also, it's timeshifted which means reprint potential in future (not core) sets.

seeing as it never really dominated standard i wouldnt be surprised to see it back in shards at Rare not mythic rare. they want to make cards in shards that cna rival faeries brutal efficiency.
OITDamion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet, i'll win 10 bucks
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmogoyf will be reprinted since it's a future shifted card. But I really doubt it'll be in 11th.

(I hope it's not in shard/11th otherwise goyf will be in T2 for to long in a row)
Manipulation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stone_d wrote:
Tarmogoyf will be reprinted since it's a future shifted card. But I really doubt it'll be in 11th.

(I hope it's not in shard/11th otherwise goyf will be in T2 for to long in a row)

Wizards NEVER said being futureshifted is a guarantee of being reprinted.
Christopholo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
i'd vote yes to reprinted and no to 11th. the card is way too complex for core set.

pretty sure they reprinted Warp World in 10th; don't think that the too complex argument would be valid here.
center
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
i'd vote yes to reprinted and no to 11th. the card is way too complex for core set. also, it's timeshifted which means reprint potential in future (not core) sets.

seeing as it never really dominated standard i wouldnt be surprised to see it back in shards at Rare not mythic rare. they want to make cards in shards that cna rival faeries brutal efficiency.

0_o

It dominated up till Lorwyn.
sirvive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its the most dominant creature that has been printed in a long time. across all of magic!
jdf121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys should have bet a playset of goyfs... Fuck $10
headclown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

except the person who bet "yes" gets off easier since the will be more available.
thedarkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Goyf was printed as a spoiler, not because it was going to be in a future set. Note the inclusion of "Planeswalker" in its reminder text line several months before Lorwyn came out, and the confirmation by Wizards that what I just pointed out is accurate? (No I'm not gonna look up the article).

They never said "We'll reprint every futureshifted card." All they said was, in essence, that futureshifted cards would either be reprinted in future sets, or would be spoilers for future sets. Also note the "or." o_o
zturchan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goyf may or may not be reprintd in 11th, but my money is on the no side of the arguement. Wizards has said that they will not reprint Steamflogger Boss, so there goes the theory of all future shifts getting reprinted.

Also, to whoever said a futureshift couldn't be reprinted in a core set, mass of ghouls would like to have a word with you...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2