Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS Boros

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: MYOS Boros Reply with quote

Been messing around with this for a while, its got ravnica, ninth, lorwyn. So far I've put up some pretty nice numbers with it so here it is.
7 Mountain
8 Plains
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Figure of Destiny
2 Balefire Liege
3 Boros Swiftblade
4 Savannah Lions
4 Puncture Blast
4 Char
3 Demonfire
1 Sunforger
4 Lightning Helix
4 Flame Javelin
4 Seal of Fire
SB: 2 Balefire Liege
SB: 1 Demonfire
SB: 4 Ronom Unicorn
SB: 4 Blood Moon
SB: 4 Smash to Smithereens

The deck plays a lot of burn. Half the time you can just chuck things at their dome before they even know what happened. Seal of fire is a very nice answer for birds amongst other things on turn one and my only real turn one burn. Flame Jav, 3 mana for 4 dmg, seems good. Helix is incredible obviouslly and amazing for the ridiculous amount of mono red decks running around here. Sunforger must be answered or they ill lose as soon as its equipped. Puncture Blast and Char obviouslly just really solid burn and efficient costs. I really like focusing with the burn moreso then my creatures but I don't really like balefire liege and could probably use something better in his spot. Other then that the dudes are solid picks. SB is pretty all around except for liege/demonfire, but I was hoping to fill those spots with something for dragonstorm or ichorid, probably leyline or something.

Anyways lemme know if you have any suggestions, comments, criticism whatever.

Last edited by PonzaFreak on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Streakz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all you definately want to be playing atleast 22 lands with this deck especially since you want to be able to use Figure of Destiny so potentially even 23 to 24 if you decided to run man-lands such as Mutavault. Next I would cut Boros Swiftblade as its only effectively a Grizzly Bear in your deck. I would cut Balefire Liege and Demonfire as they are to slow for the plan you are aiming for. Puncture Blast would also be cut because I think 3 mana for 3 damage is just overpriced especially due to the meager effect it adds.

In this kind of deck I definately think the Boros bounce land would be excellent making a great combo with turn 1 figure, turn 2 make him a 2/2 then play the bounce land. I would also take a look at the 2 drops at your disposal and definately add more of those to help out your curve.

Finally, Ronom Unicorn and Seal of Fire are not legal in your deck because when you said its Rav/9th/Tsp you meant Rav/9th/Lwn.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seal of fire is in rav
jdf121

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, u have 2 cards in the deck that are red and white. The liege wouldnt really do much.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would play 10th over 9th. Mogg fanatic and incinerate.
ChiDoRiE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ 16 lands
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed the top of the list cut off 7 mountains sorry about that. So yeah 23 lands is what it runs. Also i have 13 cards that will enable liege. Seems alright, but I don't like him as I mentioned before so if anyone has some better ideas? I will def. try out 10th over 9th but I'm not sure what to cut. Fanatics come in for Lions and incinerates could come in for something like uhh demonfire? And as a last note I think coldsnap was still up on my filter and I just threw it in there for some reason x.x. So need new enchantment removal
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1