Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

B/R Land Destruction

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: B/R Land Destruction Reply with quote

Creatures
4 Avalanche Riders
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Murderous Redcap
4 Shivan Wumpus

Spells
4 Damnation
4 Makeshift Mannequin
4 Profane Command
4 Rain of Tears

Artifacts
4 Mind Stone

Lands
4 Auntie's Hovel
4 Ghitu Encampment
4 Graven Cairns
2 Keldon Megaliths
1 Kher Keep
2 Mountain
2 Mutavault
3 Swamp
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard (15 cards)
4 Faerie Macabre
4 Soul Snuffers
3 Vexing Shusher
4 Pyroclasm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How it Works

Pretty much I either destroy all of your lands with cards like Avalanche Riders and Fulminator Mage or control the board with things like Profane Command and Damnation. Makeshift manequin is one of the best cards in the deck because I can either bring back LD or shoot your guys again with Murderous Redcap. The only thing it has trouble with is faeries but who doesn't.

If you think I should add a card plz tell me what you think I should take out.

THX
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-2 Murderous Redcap
-1 Shivan Wumpus
+3 Soul Snuffers?

If you need help with the fae seems like he would be a good card to have, and he would be a nice makeshift target if you lose him.
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with that is that this deck usually ok against magus of the moon because I kill it with redcap but its definetly something to think about.
kittykat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think about demigod of revenge maindeck hes a good creature i hear... lol
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why no shriekmaws? the problem with ld is that there is few good win conditions, there isnt that much fast ld now so once you destroy a few of their lands you dont have enough pressure or card advantage to win
Kinfolk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obv the shivan wumpus is kill card enough
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried demigod and most of the time I couldn't get it out turn 5 since 5 of my lands don't make colors. 6/6 trample is cool enough and costs less and might kill a land
ZW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 of your lands don't make colors, and why not take them out for an amazing win condidition? Also, your red matchup seems very, very bad.
getmatt201

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to change the deck before i posted it. The megaliths and mutavaults are supossed to be deserts. My red matchup isn't great but most of the time I stabilize and can win.
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incendiary Command should definetly help your deck. The ability to kill all 2 toughness creatures and hit a land is huge. To be honest I dont think Profane Command suits your deck, I doubt you'll be using all of its effects as most of your creatures dont stick around for long. It seems your just using it as 5-8th zombify effect which is too much. Elves plays 4 Command because its early beats usually gets opponents to 10 or less before they stabilize.

Just a bit of criticism for your deck. It doesnt seem to be able to beat turn 2 bitterblossom. Id consider adding 4 Vivid lands and 4 Fire-light thicket and getting 4 Firespout maindeck. Maybe cut the Redcaps as they arent very good against most decks.
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use something like drain/poison the well? they could help deal damage or gain u life.
kittykat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poison the well and demigod and make more red in the deck for demigod wumpus may be a 6/6 but demigod is a beast you have enough ld you have to have a finisher
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poison the Well really isnt good, however I do agree that Demigod is much better than the Wumpus which just dies to Terror.
Magus of the Moon in the main or Side can really punish the decks with complicated mana bases.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land Destruction doesn't win you the game. Keeping them from playing cards altogether requires high amounts of additional card drawing, and you have none. The Land Destruction therefore only slows down the opponent. You build up mana, he doesn't. The most efficient way of abusing that fact is to kill him fast once you have slowed him down.

Demigod of Revenge is a good way of doing that, and so is Deus of Calamity (although he is easier to kill, he may kill lands if he sticks). Both are better than Shivan Wumpus, which does nothing unless the strategy has been working - that makes it a win-more card.

You need lots of discard in sideboard because if a counterdeck counters the first land destruction spell, you lose 9/10 of the games from that point. You need Thoughtseize and possibly Distress/Stupor.

You also need creature removal in there, both main and sideboard, because Aggro doesn't normally give a shit about Rain of Tears and Fulminator Mage.
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that my pc works again i can finally try out that deck Smile
ill post matchups later
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2