Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS TaN

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
jdf121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: MYOS TaN Reply with quote

Here is a list I made for MYOS. It uses MD-TSP-8th. I've got lots of answers to control in the board. But the only thing I have for aggro is trinisphere. That is what I really need the most help with. Let me know what you think.

22 Lands

4 Urza's Tower
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Urza's Mine
10 Forests

15 Creatures

4 Vine Trellis
3 Eternal Witness
1 Darksteel Colossus
1 Triskelion
1 Mephidross Vampire
1 Stuffy Doll
1 Platinum Angel
1 Sundering Titan
1 Akroma, Angel of Wrath
1 Akroma, Angel of Fury

23 Other Spells

4 Tooth and Nail
4 Lotus Bloom
4 Harmonize
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Reap and Sow
3 Plow Under

Sideboard

4 Avoid Fate
3 Oxidize
3 Trinisphere
2 Defense Grid
2 Choke

Im not sure about the avoid fate. Its kinda just there to fill gaps.

Ive lost to aggro zoo. cant remember the sets
Beat greate whale combo.

Comments....

Last edited by jdf121 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u lose to aggro u can sb spike feeders which are in tsb

also Wall of roots > vine trellis
DrAwesome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use cloudposts and vesuvas? it seems like it would be more consistent but thats just me.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrAwesome wrote:
Why not use cloudposts and vesuvas? it seems like it would be more consistent but thats just me.

.....no

and i really have no idea what's "good" in this format, but it does seem to me that using kamigawa instead of tsp would be better.

gives u kodama's reach, STE, senseis divining top as well as kiki jiki.

seems way more consistent that way
jdf121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know man, TSP gives me Harmonize, lotus bloom, the Akromas, and stuffy doll, which doesn't seem that good at first. but in virulent format where anything is possible it is instant kill if i cast either trisk or doll, then res. TnA or the other way around. It cuts out all that pesky having to attack stuff.

Good call on wall of roots. Im an idiot for not thinking of that.
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you play both kiki-collosuss and the 2 akromas? Just play one of them, theres no reason to waste these slots. Use the 2 slots you freed up to play 2 mindslavers or 2 oblivion stone. Also stuffy doll seems bad.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in addition to what ZW said, if you're so confused how to make this work in MYOS, either read Eladariel's article, and/or, just go back to when it was t2 standard and use that as a base deck list, with Mirrodin//Kamigawa block and w/e core you want to use
thedarkness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki-Colossus isn't in this list. Neither are any of the other good cards from CHK Block that made the deck a can of rape on a stick. o_o
jdf121

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check it. Obv. kiki isn't in the list. so I don't know what the hell you are talking about ZW. Its obv a good card esp with colossus. However, I think that the TSP gives the deck some more speed. I dont get top, or a few mana accels from kami, but lotus bloom, and harmonize are the shit. The only card draw in the orig list is top. It lets you filter but only draw one at a time, and then it sets you back a draw.

Ive been able to cast an arkroma or two before by using the blooms when I couldnt get the TaN.

I haven't tested the standard TaN list in MYOS. Its good. I played the deck when it was standard, so I know how to play it well too.

Im not confused on how to make it work in MYOS, cleanceli, Im just trying to make a new innovative TaN deck. Just cause the original version was the shit doesn't mean that its the best list or that another list can't be good.

Stuffy doll combos well with vampire and trisk. It doesn't always drop, but when it does, its game almost no questions asked. Besides, I don't know of many other cards as a one of to put in the deck maybe abunas, but I don't really like him. I never see myself wasting a resolved TaN pick on Abunas. I can hard cast either trisk or doll and have untill i get the tron or cast TaN to draw one or the other.

Expand yo minds..
Middleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TnN has moved on as a deck since it was played in Standard. It was a semi-respectable Extended deck for a brief period. Those are the lists you should be looking at.

With that out of the way, you should be running Kamigawa and Mirrodin as your blocks. Kamigawa gets you Top, STE and Boseji.
Top is better than Harmonize in TnN (actually it's just flat out better). With each additional shuffle effect Top effectively gives you a 1 mana Harmonize. TnN doesn't need cards it just needs to find 1 card. Top does that better than Harmonize will ever do. Top also protects you from discard to an extent.
STE accelerates as well as Vine Trellis plus gives you more shuffles and gives you some hope of interacting with NarcoBridge.
Boseji is your out against counterspells. Without it you basically lose if your opponent is playing Blue.

As far as creatures go, you want a minimum number of uncastables. Akroma (either of them) don't contribute much more than Collosus (18 damage in 3 turns vs 21 from collosus). Mephidross is the only one I'd consider (though more likely sb). Tooth for some combination of Titan, Angel and/or Collosus will beat most decks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1