Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS Fires of Yavimaya

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
headclown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: MYOS Fires of Yavimaya Reply with quote

In the MYOS articles, one of the strategies talked about was taking an old standard deck, and reworking it with a new core set. How about Fires of Yavimaya? I seem to remember when this was standard legal, It was the best deck at the time. Here is a preliminary decklist using IN-MM-10. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Land

4 Mountain
8 Forest
4 Sulfurous Springs
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Karplusan Forest

Creatures
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Thornscape Battlemage
3 Stampeding Wildebeests
4 Blastoderm
4 Flametongue Kavu
3 Spiritmonger
2 Shivan Wurm

Other Stuff

3 Ghitu Fire
4 Fires of Yavimaya
4 Saproling Burst

SB
2 Hurricane
2 Void
4 Naturalize
3 Urza's Rage
4 Terminate
PonzaFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of combo running around MYOS and I think that's why it isn't very easy to play a competitive fires deck. How have you been doing against it?
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem i see with this deck is that the cratures are too costly, the deck is intended to go on offensive form turn 3-4 onwards, wich i think is too slow for MYOS, and if they kill the mana critters, worse.
Othar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember RB winning the world championship that year; Fires got second.
Thorns

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Othar wrote:
I seem to remember RB winning the world championship that year; Fires got second.

Yeah, Machine Head won that year, but being the best deck doesn't mean winning every game. Besides, Machine Head was fine tuned against aggro decks such as Fires and Rebels.
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my 2 cents machine head was the deck that beat the deck, that beat Fires it was probably 60 / 40 vs fires but draw go was fairly decent against it
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1